GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird vw marking?

ejewels

Ready to race!
Hello, I got a welcoming email from VW congratulating me on my new GTI purchase a week or so ago. It said "2015 Volkswagen Golf 2.0 GTI 155TSI M6F" in the model description. Anyone know what the 155tsi m6f is about?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
*please remove*

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
1.4 with 170 hp is a twincharged engine, turbo and supercharged, its the same engine as the Polo GTI and can get it in Golf GT in Europe, which is one step below from Golf GTI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipsyp

Ready to race!
155kw......its an EU power measurement (Kilowatts). Its 210hp roughly (which is the regular GTI power output in the US I believe because of the lower grade unleaded fuel). 6MT means 6 speed manual, F maybe an indication of front wheel drive?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
1.4 with 170 hp is a twincharged engine, turbo and supercharged, its the same engine as the Polo GTI and can get it in Golf GT in Europe, which is one step below from Golf GTI.

er NO!

That engine is not in the Golf or the POLO as old tech & had problems!

Golf & Polo get 1.4 turbocharged 150PS engine in GT spec.

Polo GTI has 1.8lt turbocharged 192PS engine.

:cool:

ejewels

Ready to race!

LOL, pretty sure I got a 2015 GTI here in the states. You're saying I got a smaller engine? Its def the 2.0. Can you even get the polo or smaller GTI engine here?

What I purchased:
2015 GTI S, 6MT.

Last edited:

ejewels

Ready to race!
155kw......its an EU power measurement (Kilowatts). Its 210hp roughly (which is the regular GTI power output in the US I believe because of the lower grade unleaded fuel). 6MT means 6 speed manual, F maybe an indication of front wheel drive?

OK this makes sense, the 155kw threw me off. Anyone else get a welcome email like this?

ejewels

Ready to race!
Anyone? I'm assuming I have the normal GTI engine? Is there a step below engine in the GTI line I dont know about?

ejewels

Ready to race!
Haha sorry guys prob sounds ridiculous. I'm just referring to the above poster who said I had a smaller polo engine? Isn't there only 1 engine for the U.S. GTI? Not including the PP tune. Just wondering what that weird code was and how it applies to my engine?

Last edited:

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Haha sorry guys prob sounds ridiculous. I'm just referring to the above poster who said I had a smaller polo engine? Isn't there only 1 engine for the U.S. GTI? Not including the PP tune. Just wondering what that weird code was and how it applies to my engine?
Yes. Only one engine. There are only 2 (gasoline) engine sizes across the Golf range in the US. 1.8 TSI or 2.0 TSI. Then of course you have the 2.0 TDI.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ejewels

Ready to race!
Apologize if I didn't pick up on any sarcasm, but was Tkulhanc134 just messing around? I'm new to vw so if I'm taking things too seriously, sorry!