GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche boxster 4 piston brakes (NQSBBK) fitted on MK7 GTi.

patarch

Ready to race!
I would love to fit these to the rear of my R... Hmmmm

Good luck!! :) Altough it would be sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patarch

Ready to race!
Wow, those are a perfect match!!

Good job and thank you very much for sharing!!

You got it!

patarch

Ready to race!
As requested, made a list of needed parts in the 1st post.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Progressive piston setup, 36mm and 40mm, the ratios are very close to stock and perfect for the master cylinder.

Stock brakes Golf/GTI - Ate FN3 54 mm caliper : 2290 mm²

Boxster: 40 mm + 36 mm : 1257 mm² + 1018 mm² = 2275 mm²

I'm not saying that these specs are way off, but where did you find this data related to the MK7? These are specs based on the MK6 Golf/GTI, MK7 uses different calipers / rotors for the front and different master cylinders all together that is much larger.

Great job on the cheap alternative, this should help many people on a budget.

patarch

Ready to race!
I'm not saying that these specs are way off, but where did you find this data related to the MK7? These are specs based on the MK6 Golf/GTI, MK7 uses different calipers / rotors for the front and different master cylinders all together.

Great job on the cheap alternative, this should help many people on a budget.

I guess you are right about the calipers being different.. I will do more research on this. All I can say for now is that this kit feels exactly the same as when it was intalled on my MK6.

Last edited:

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
The service guy at the dealer confirmed front rotors being identical on MK6/MK7, front and rear calipers use the same size piston as well. If the master cylinder is different, it isn't a problem as we are keeping the ratio VERY close to stock!

Wrong, have him check again or call another dealer. Looks at the OEM specs on rotors alone and that will show you the lie lol. The dealer parts department only looks at part numbers (which are different too), they cannot see the actual piston specs. I went over this in depth yesterday with a guy who builds VW race cars for a living at the track.

patarch

Ready to race!
Wrong, have him check again or call another dealer. Looks at the OEM specs on rotors alone and that will show you the lie lol. The dealer parts department only looks at part numbers (which are different too), they cannot see the actual piston specs. I went over this in depth yesterday with a guy who builds VW race cars for a living at the track.

Correct, I corrected my last message after I posted it lol! I will do more research on this. but the brakes feel great I can tell you that much ;)

Last edited:

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure they are a big improvement man. I would love to know the specs of the OEM brakes too. I was just told how different the MK7 is from the MK6 yesterday from the ground up in depth and it was shocking.

patarch

Ready to race!
I'm sure they are a big improvement man. I would love to know the specs of the OEM brakes too. I was just told how different the MK7 is from the MK6 yesterday from the ground up in depth and it was shocking.

What I find weird is that if the rotors are different, I don't get how the Boxster caliper bolt right over them as they did on the MK6.. They're the same specs as they used to be. 312x25mm. Maybe that's what the guy at the dealer meant. I don't see what's different about the rotors.

Last edited:

Mk620T

Ready to race!
I did just about the same thing two days ago to my TDI - except I used Boxster S / 911 calipers. My friend owns a euro scrapyard here in Houston and just gave them to me on the condition that I pull them off myself - ala forklift picture. I had them powdercoated and all is good - stops MUCH better haha. The S calipers use the same size pistons as the normal Boxster, but use a larger and thicker rotor. You have to swap the crossover tube and bleeder screws to account for the caliper being on the front of the rotor for VW vs the back for Porsche to ensure that the smaller piston bites first. The OEM porsche tubes don't actually swap due to casting issues. I had the set pictured made at a hydraulic shop for $20.

Porsche Boxster S / 911 calipers
Apikol Boxster S brackets for mk5/6
B5 S4 Zimmerman rotors (321x30)
Apikol rotor centering rings
Apikol brake line banjo bolts
Akebono euro ceramic pads
ECS braided brake lines
ECS mk7 flush mount spacer kit (absolutely necessary)
Custom crossover tubes

patarch

Ready to race!
Very nice!!! Yes, I forgot to mention that the crossover tube need to be switched from one caliper to the other.

May I suggest you get a black Porsche decal on those yellow brakes?!?

I love the look man, koodos, and yes I know they feel great!!! :)

Last edited:

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Thanks - yours look great as well. Mine actually have a the Porsche logo in white - not what I requested from my powdercoater (wanted Brembo in black) but they are under a layer of clear powdercoat so it's too late now. I suppose it's a detail you don't notice until you're up close haha.

wolfla26

all this work changing the calipers and no one is running drilled/slotted rotors? if i spent all this time fitting brembos i personally would want to complete the look with some fancy rotors