GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thanks -- but what did you mean by this?

Destination fee (i think $895) is a part of the window sticker and included in MSRP of the vehicle. Dealers add that fee back after discounting to just show better numbers on paper and its just a marketing gimmick. You say that dealer has included recent grad discount as well, do you qualify for that? Has the dealer included any other discount in the quote (like military / firefighter discount).

There is a thread in Ordering section which shows the lowest apr offered by VW finance. Have a look at that thread and make sure that the dealer doesnt add a lot of points to your apr.

Hollow Grind

A SoCal dealer has a leftover 2017 GTI DSG Autobahn with a MSRP of 36,370, with a listed price of 30,914. What would be a realistic purchase price for this vehicle?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
A SoCal dealer has a leftover 2017 GTI DSG Autobahn with a MSRP of 36,370, with a listed price of 30,914. What would be a realistic purchase price for this vehicle?

How many miles does it have on the clock. Also you might have to look into fluids, battery and tires if it sat idle in the dealer lot.

wantone

Ready to race!
Any chance VW change the end of the month for January due to this terrible weather? I can't imagine many dealers getting any foot traffic in much of the country for the next two to three days. I'm not even in the worst area and no way would I head to the dealership till the weekend. By then it's the 2nd or 3rd of February.

Hoping they could help the dealers and potential buyers out.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Any chance VW change the end of the month for January due to this terrible weather? I can't imagine many dealers getting any foot traffic in much of the country for the next two to three days. I'm not even in the worst area and no way would I head to the dealership till the weekend. By then it's the 2nd or 3rd of February.

Based on this thread (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48831), Jan incentives are valid until end of Feb.

wantone

Ready to race!
Doubt it because these incentive programs are set up months in advance by VW's bean counters.

I understand the incentives and those won't change. I'm talking about last day of the month, which is today. Hardly any dealers in many states will get any foot traffic today or tomorrow. I'm wondering if Honda would extend the last day of the month for their dealerships to say Friday or Saturday. Kind of like when last day of month is on a weekend. It is then pushed till Monday.

This storm has to brutal on their business.