GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I have done the same setup as ur with aFe dry drop-in filter with Revo inlet hose n cts tip. I saved some by not spending on intake but got the Revo-technik intercooler for better IAT.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I got the ECS silicone inlet hose, CTS TIP and afe dry flow as part of my wife's christmas presents for her S3. I have yet to install it. I think this is a great combo especially with that new ECS inlet duct kit. I'm waiting to see if a regular plastic version becomes available instead of CF.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Others may disagree here, and I don't care, because if I'm going to spend this sort of money for air, it had better make my GTI go faster, simple as that. I don't give a damn about "sound", or making my engine bay look nice, if it doesn't Perform.

Why do you have to be a dickhead about it? Why can't you see that other people might like having a cool looking intake? Maybe they are not the skin flint you are. Maybe they like hearing their turbo spool. F**k you.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
All right people, this is the "show your intake" topic, not the "let's discuss if intakes are good or not" topic. Make your own topic for discussion on this topic.

So to go back on topic:
I installed a Spectre Performance 9833 inline airbox+ filter on my GTE:

Previous version of my DIY intake, with a (in hindsight) pretty crappy airbox and too much bends, otherwise the airbox wouldn't fit:

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
All right people, this is the "show your intake" topic, not the "let's discuss if intakes are good or not" topic. Make your own topic for discussion on this topic.

So to go back on topic:
I installed a Spectre Performance 9833 inline airbox+ filter on my GTE:

Previous version of my DIY intake, with a (in hindsight) pretty crappy airbox and too much bends, otherwise the airbox wouldn't fit:
Never seen the engine bay of a GTE before. Looks interesting. Also curious, can you tell a difference in performance on a hybrid with an after market intake?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Never seen the engine bay of a GTE before. Looks interesting. Also curious, can you tell a difference in performance on a hybrid with an after market intake?

I've had my car on a dyno with the stock intake, and the first version of my intake (I also dremeled out the driver's side of the inlet, and the GTE has a sealed inlet on the engine side, so there's no engine heat coming into the front part!)

Output was about 8hp higher on all runs with the "better" intake, I'm not complaining. With the piggy back chip it now has 269HP on RON95 fuel (instead of OEM 205HP), which could be about 10% higher if I put RON103 in it, according to the chip-manufacturer.

Bonus image of the stock state:

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
I've had my car on a dyno with the stock intake, and the first version of my intake (I also dremeled out the driver's side of the inlet, and the GTE has a sealed inlet on the engine side, so there's no engine heat coming into the front part!)

Output was about 8hp higher on all runs with the "better" intake, I'm not complaining. With the piggy back chip it now has 269HP on RON95 fuel (instead of OEM 205HP), which could be about 10% higher if I put RON103 in it, according to the chip-manufacturer.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Chillout, post: 6638572, member: 38737"][B]All right people, this is the "show your intake" topic, not the "let's discuss if intakes are good or not" topic. Make your own topic for discussion on this topic.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ok

[QUOTE="predatorbird, post: 6638569, member: 114010"]Have you ever put your car or previous cars on the dyno? I guarantee all the runs would vary in numbers. You can run the same car 3 times in a row without any changes and the numbers would all be different. This is why it's hard to prove 5 hp gains from an intake on the dyno.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it would be hard to break out 5 whp differences. 10 get's easier and if you can make multiple pulls you can go off averages.

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed

Obsrvr

Ready to race!

269hp on a GTE, wow. What chip are you using, and other mods? Do you have a build post or thread? Meanwhile, stop posting intake pictures and get back to work coding :D

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
I just ordered one...did you feel any difference?

Hi,
I did not find this piece in my country, so I closed the left back using silicone glue,
And also, I opened the front right of the air duct,
I installed K&N Inbox, and I removed the snow filter from the OEM air box, and an air cooler on the right side grill made here in Brazil.

The operating logic was similar to the VWR R600, I believe it improved the insion, and should have improved something in the IAT ...

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Hi,
I did not find this piece in my country, so I closed the left back using silicone glue,
And also, I opened the front right of the air duct,
I installed K&N Inbox, and I removed the snow filter from the OEM air box, and an air cooler on the right side grill made here in Brazil.

The operating logic was similar to the VWR R600, I believe it improved the insion, and should have improved something in the IAT ...

Where did you get the trim piece to finish the hole in your grill?

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
Where did you get the trim piece to finish the hole in your grill?

My friend from here who did

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk