GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ARMA Speed Golf 7R intake system

Vic@ARMA

Hi everyone, glad to meet you all.
I am Vic from ARMA Speed and today I am introducing Golf 7R intake system here. Many of you should already know this product, but I still want to share this info to all of you.
Here are pictures and dyno chart, this dyno was tested by Rothe Motorsport in German.
You can also check our website http://www.armaspeed.com or Facebook http://www.facebook.com/armaspeed

Attachments

• DSC_41301.jpg
    DSC_41301.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 7,778
  • DSC_41311.jpg
    DSC_41311.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 6,082
  • DSC_41391.jpg
    DSC_41391.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 5,128
  • DSC_41441.jpg
    DSC_41441.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 5,093
  • arma.jpg
    arma.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4,953
  • arma1.jpg
    arma1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 5,157

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
System looks well engineered and fits well. But over $1000 for in intake on a VW is just ridiculous, you guys won't make money in this market with prices like that. Keep in mind these cars cost just $25-39K, its not a $60-150K BMW, Porsche, GTR ... etc. HP per dollar ratio is way off as far as power mods go when you can get $200-$450 intakes that perform just as well and are well proven.

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
This is what the guy wrote to me:-
"Wes

Not sure what this means… but these systems we sell regular for most high end cars

It maybe the price your referring the ‘HAHAHA' too but its all relative to what you can afford and the car your putting the system air induction on.

£975.00 is very cheap for this type of system, if you look at high end marques of car for example the Mercedes E63 AMG will set you back £2200.00

Thank you for you enquiry, and maybe this product is not for you… if there is something else you require let me know. "

The most expensive intake other thus far (as far as I'm aware) is from APR. Also carbon fibre. Looks better. Better design. Half decent filter.
And it costs under half as much.

These guys are nuts. £2200 for an e63 intake? Nobody in their right mind would part with that. Maybe for a veyron or something of proper top end, but spending 4% of a cars value on an upgraded air intake?!
I'm half bemused, half angry (I favourited the email to cheer myself up when I'm feeling down)

amsa

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone like it and someone doesn't like it.
It's just a brand image and brand value. As far as I know, ARMA was pick by VW Germany for this year golf project and is now lolookingor next year golf project.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Someone like it and someone doesn't like it.
It's just a brand image and brand value. As far as I know, ARMA was pick by VW Germany for this year golf project and is now lolookingor next year golf project.

That's cool. You know whats cooler though? Spending the same amount of money and seeing 1200% gain in power over this product with an APR intake AND APR Tune. Just saying.

fluay

7R has around 270hp, so if I install Apr intake + Apr tune, it will give me 270 * 12=3240hp? Please show me where is this post.
you can blame arma is pricy but please be fair....

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
7R has around 270hp, so if I install Apr intake + Apr tune, it will give me 270 * 12=3240hp? Please show me where is this post.
you can blame arma is pricy but please be fair....

Re-read what I wrote above, the percentage is of the intake power gain on the dyno... not the R's overall power ;)

-About a 6-7HP gain is seen with this product that cost about $1200 shipped.
-Well over 110HP/TQ+ gain is seen from APR tune and APR intake for about $1200.

My math was off too, its about 1800% more power for your dollar going that route.

amsa

Passed Driver's Ed
If you really want to do the price/hp comparison, i will suggest to buy an non brand intake, cause it gaves almost same hp gain and with very low price.

Same like your watch, why buy Rolex, just get a swatch or made in china $10 watch

Vic@ARMA

Hi guys,

I appreciate you all help me to keep this thread on top of the forum.

The reason I post ARMA product here is want to share a different option to all Golf owners, and it's your choice to choose ARMA or other brand.
ARMA intake produt is 2 side carbon fiber intake product and also design to increase intake flow. I have ran the dyno in ARMA dyno machine (in fact, all ARMA products were gone through this to ensure a truly HP and torque gain), but I though it would be more impartial to post 3rd party result.

All I want to do is to share fair information to all you, and if you like ARMA products, please feel free to let me know.