GOLFMKV

BFI - Motor Mounts for your MK7 Golf/GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

Prevent excessive engine movement with these upgraded engine mounts. Even new factory mounts are not up to the task of handling the increased power from even lightly modified engines (software) and often they start to fail within less than 10k miles. Our billet and polyurethane replacement engine mounts will keep your motor firmly planted in place and help you transfer as much power to the ground as possible, while also improving shifting. Their durable materials and construction will also ensure that they will hold up far better than OEM engine mounts can.

KIT INCLUDES:
  • One complete replacement engine side mount
  • Upgraded 10.9 hardware for engine mount
STAGE 1 with its 70a durometer bushings are geared towards the spirited enthusiast who wants better control over motor movement without the sacrifice of excessive vibrations.

STAGE 2 with its 85a durometer bushings are for the enthusiast who is looking for maximum performance from his motor mounts – great for heavily modified street cars and track cars.

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hi Pete,

You mentioned a few times in the torque arm thread that there are three mounts for our platform - this, the dogbone and the tranny mount (correct?).

Being a "noob" with this aspect of our platform, how will this help as opposed to the dogbone?

I plan to get either of the two. If I really need to, then I'll wait so I can get both.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Hi Pete,

You mentioned a few times in the torque arm thread that there are three mounts for our platform - this, the dogbone and the tranny mount (correct?).

Being a "noob" with this aspect of our platform, how will this help as opposed to the dogbone?

I plan to get either of the two. If I really need to, then I'll wait so I can get both.

The torque arm insert is a cheap and effective way to reduce some wheel hop my limiting engine movement.

The engine mount and transmission mount are much more effective in limiting engine movement; they're a lot more expensive too.

Most enthusiasts buy the torque arm insert first because it's cheap and easy to install.

For best results, replace all three.

HawaiiGTI1

Ready to race!
Anyone with the motor mount and torque arm insert yet? I have stage one TAI and Im wondering how much worse the vibrations would be with the motor mount

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Anyone with the motor mount and torque arm insert yet? I have stage one TAI and Im wondering how much worse the vibrations would be with the motor mount

It is a new product, so we don't have a ton of customers to provide testimonials, but most of the customers who have the engine and trans mounts purchased them together, so they may be able to tell you about their experiences with the hole mount package, but I think our experience with our project car can shed some light:

We added the engine and trans mount (insert) to our A3 after having already installed the torque arm insert. And in our experience, the complete mount setup actually reduced the vibration slightly over the torque arm insert alone. We went to great lengths to reduce vibration while increasing performance. In this case the upgraded mounts relieve some of the pressure put on the torque arm insert, making it vibrate a bit less.

Now, we can't guarantee that everyones experience will be the same, but it will be, at least, a minimal change in NVH with the full mount setup.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I think I'm ready to buy the tq arm insert.

Regarding the vibration topic, what actually vibrates? The shifter, pedals, whole car?

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
I think I'm ready to buy the tq arm insert.

Regarding the vibration topic, what actually vibrates? The shifter, pedals, whole car?

It's the whole car. It's not like it's scrambling your brains (my wife quite enjoys it ;)). It's only on cold starts, low RPM decelerating, and getting into gear from a stop.

During my normal drive, I don't notice it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.