GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dsgvw

Ready to race!
Got my detailing on. Wash, clay, sealant ... so smooth, like butta! Debating on some Carnauba topper but we’ll see. Looks amazing even without it and probably just overkill.

Enjoy.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Got my car state inspected on Sat - passed no prob but the tech noticed the thermostat housing is weeping. I've been keeping an eye on the coolant level and hadn't noticed it drop so it must be very slight. So good eyes on the tech. It will be fully covered under warranty but it takes like 3 hours. Service adviser said they see like one of these every month. My car has just over 22k on the clock.

Anyways I understand the thermostat is under the intake manifold. Does anyone know if they'll have to mess around with the core support to gain access or is this something accessible from the top of the engine bay with the manifold removed? I ask because I have a MAGIC intercooler and would hope that doesn't have to be moved.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Got my car state inspected on Sat - passed no prob but the tech noticed the thermostat housing is weeping. I've been keeping an eye on the coolant level and hadn't noticed it drop so it must be very slight. So good eyes on the tech. It will be fully covered under warranty but it takes like 3 hours. Service adviser said they see like one of these every month. My car has just over 22k on the clock.

Anyways I understand the thermostat is under the intake manifold. Does anyone know if they'll have to mess around with the core support to gain access or is this something accessible from the top of the engine bay with the manifold removed? I ask because I have a MAGIC intercooler and would hope that doesn't have to be moved.

I’m not at all sure on the actual process, but I have recently had my thermostat housing replaced under warranty, the manifold and other parts above the t/housing don’t appear to have been disturbed during the process, not entirely sure how they would have achieved this though!

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I’m not at all sure on the actual process, but I have recently had my thermostat housing replaced under warranty, the manifold and other parts above the t/housing don’t appear to have been disturbed during the process, not entirely sure how they would have achieved this though!
Weird! I would have put money on removing the intake manifold being necessary to gain access.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Smoked Euro Tails!

nype

Drag Racing Champion

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
2nd annual oil service, 6921 since last year. I need to drive it more.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
When they did mine they wen't from up top so they removed the manifold

It may just be that the tech actually took some care and didn’t disturb things too much, but having inspected the area once I got the car home it was not at all obvious that anything above the thermostat had been removed, screws and bolts didn’t show any signs of having been cracked loose (although the engine bay is pretty clean), definitely had a new housing fitted though as I can see the part number.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
Scratch is to deep. Toothpaste did nothing but make it smell good lol

That's the type of success I had when trying to de-fade my headlights on the old Mazda before delivering it to the buyer. (I used magic sponge + toothpaste)

I told him, "Well, I did spend some time with it, not sure it did much, but at least the headlights are minty!"

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Yesterday I got Stg 3 SouthBend Daily, SS clutch line, and APR shifter cable bracket installed. Big thanks to New German Performance in Maryland. Car feels crisp, cant wait til its fully broken in. No pics since I wasn't there for the install maybe ill get some in the future

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Yesterday I got Stg 3 SouthBend Daily, SS clutch line, and APR shifter cable bracket installed. Big thanks to New German Performance in Maryland. Car feels crisp, cant wait til its fully broken in. No pics since I wasn't there for the install maybe ill get some in the future

How's the chatter? Been considering clutches for the inevitable clutch doom. As a daily I am just worried about a SMF chatter. Also what exhaust do you run so I get a sense of your noise tolerance :)