GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I'm debating this with one of the changeable sets. Just been worried it'd look too tacky. :/ Might give it a shot, thanks.

Not my cup of tea personally, with that silly colour changing remote. Ask yourself how many times would I change the colours. I’d probably play with it for a few mins, set it to red, and somehow lose the remote. [emoji23]

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Not my cup of tea personally, with that silly colour changing remote. Ask yourself how many times would I change the colours. I’d probably play with it for a few mins, set it to red, and somehow lose the remote.

Same here most likely to be honest. But since it's also a quasi-family car and it's something the kids would like messing with on occasion it has an extra bonus. That, and the more things I can claim are usable for the family, etc. the more leeway I'm given to spend money on the car for fun stuff. ;)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Letting it break in but decided to go with a BFI knob anyways since a weighted knob is always nicer. Never thought I'd do this mod since I do like the look of the OEM and the uniqueness.

Did you go with deAuto? And what was the cost? Planning on maybe doing this soon too.

Yes, I went with deAuto.
$40.00 which is too much for just two LED sets if you ask me - but still, it's just $40.00 at the end of the day.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I agree.
Especially given that the remote isn't going to change the color on the door strips, you'd end up with two different colors.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Changing the footwell lights to red was one of my fav mods.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

^^Lol....EZ Up Vista baby...not from Aldi. I only have a parking pad, so need something to shield from working in direct sun or light rain.

I have a small one-car garage, but not enough room to work inside. The heat and sun usually discourages me from working on the cars. I had work I really wanted to finish, so I got this 12x12 canopy with three sides (only need one for this location):

I couldn't believe what a difference it made, especially when working inside what would have been a very hot interior...

Scott

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hello,

I have a small one-car garage, but not enough room to work inside. The heat and sun usually discourages me from working on the cars. I had work I really wanted to finish, so I got this 12x12 canopy with three sides (only need one for this location):

I couldn't believe what a difference it made, especially when working inside what would have been a very hot interior...

Scott
That's what I'm talking about!!

-another Scott

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Same here most likely to be honest. But since it's also a quasi-family car and it's something the kids would like messing with on occasion it has an extra bonus. That, and the more things I can claim are usable for the family, etc. the more leeway I'm given to spend money on the car for fun stuff. ;)
Ah, the wife pressing you hard, eh? :)) Macy's is having very nice fine jewelry discounts right now (ask me how i know lol) ;) A nice bribe goes a long way.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Hello,

Scott

What brand is that canopy?

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
I removed the outboard rear seat headrests. Now I can see out my rear view mirror.

I don't see why the N.A. Golf and GTI don't have the same headrests as the European cars.

Now will be looking into fitting a set of euro headrests.
This was way easy to remove the US rests.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Litigation prevention. US consumers are basically the dumbest of dumb it terms of safety basically. Like we're not competent enough to raise and lower the headrest as necessary, so we get the ones that we don't have to raise to protect our necks.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Ah, the wife pressing you hard, eh? :)) Macy's is having very nice fine jewelry discounts right now (ask me how i know lol) ;) A nice bribe goes a long way.

Some. Right now more my own fault though. Leaving the military next spring and I'm trying to be sure we're as ready as possible in the event it's not smooth. Since I cut back on spending way too much on birthday parties, random trips, etc. she gripes if I get things. Depending on which things it's valid. :p