GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Did you buy them off that bigbrake website that was having a sale? Or did you buy a straight out big brake kit?

Yup! Got it on sale off the buybrakes.com website! Don’t think I would have got them if it weren’t for the killer deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
StopTech BBKs!

wow looks great, when upgrading the brakes is it only needed to do the front?

variableresults

I've got a new set of Continental Purecontact LS on the docket today, and then Unitronic Stage 1+ & TCU next week when my Uniconnect arrives. Both are exciting, the first since the stock Bridgestones are utter rubbish, and the latter because, well +100HP and no more weirdo shifting on my DSG :D

I considered the Stage 1, but we only tend to have 93 octane in Illinois, with the next step down being 89 (which is incredibly strange, if I'm honest). So Stage 1+ it is.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
wow looks great, when upgrading the brakes is it only needed to do the front?

From what I researched on this site. Most feel our cars are so front biased (most of the breaking power comes from the front) that upgrading the rears are not necessary. Some have just upgraded the rear pads to even out the breaking force. For me it was a purely cosmetic mod as I have no plans to track the car. From having it on for a few days. I have not notice any difference in daily driving/breaking. Initially I was afraid it would be too grippy or change the pedal feel. But that was not the case.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Thanks! The yellow calipers really goes well with the Tungsten Silver paint. And it was the cheapest color!

Yeah that is a REALLY good color combo with the tungsten, matte black RSE10s, and the yellow brakes. Very nicely done sir.

edrex

Ready to race!
Touched up 5 paint chips with the genuine VW touch up pens.
Are you satisfied with how the pens worked? I have some small chips and scratches to fix and I have the set of pens already but don't want to possibly make things worse

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
Are you satisfied with how the pens worked? I have some small chips and scratches to fix and I have the set of pens already but don't want to possibly make things worse

I had two very tiny chips. I used pure white from VAG. It didn't match, but it was so tiny I can't see it, but it was definitely a different shade of white. With a larger chip it would have been noticeable. Good luck.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
IMO they are not prefect but pound for pound (or dollar for dollar) they are prob the best value. i.e In the UK they are about £17 :)eek: I know, right) similar non-OEM paint touch up kits are not much cheaper so theoretically less chance of a good match....

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
New guy here, just made the migration from the TEX after lurking here far too often. Long time euro guy, mainly Audi, and I am happy to be back in the game.

2018 GSW, 6MT, 4MOTION

Stock tune for now, just a few Estate-ly bolt ons and Milton wheels on stock suspension. Looking to do 312 carrier (or 340 pp/r) brake swap soon, Bilstein B14 coilovers (if I can find them in stock,) and APR stage 1. 11k miles into the car and so far it has been a great experience.

Happy to be aboard.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
New guy here, just made the migration from the TEX after lurking here far too often. Long time euro guy, mainly Audi, and I am happy to be back in the game.

2018 GSW, 6MT, 4MOTION

Stock tune for now, just a few Estate-ly bolt ons and Milton wheels on stock suspension. Looking to do 312 carrier (or 340 pp/r) brake swap soon, Bilstein B14 coilovers (if I can find them in stock,) and APR stage 1. 11k miles into the car and so far it has been a great experience.

Happy to be aboard.

Looks great! Thumbs up for a 6MT!

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Looks great! Thumbs up for a 6MT!

Love having this as a daily, and I love the 'less is best' approach of the base model S. No complaints although I am casually looking at some MK7 GTI or R seats to swap in. No rush. Appreciate the compliments.

BFI shift boot and knob are a nice subtle touch. Looking into a sigma6 short shifter and pin to round out the flaws in the stock shifter, too.

EDIT: Cars in need of a detail, don't judge me. Also, regarding the clutch. The spring removal, clutch stop, BFI dogbone mt (stg 2) and clutch block pill removal make a world of difference. getting there!

Last edited: