GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Went to go get some recall work done at the dealer where I stumbled upon this on the showroom floor.

Color was gorgeous in person and it was a stick to boot. If I had 40,000 burning a hole in my pocket I'd have probably bought it on the spot.

I’m on the same FB page as the manager at Sonnen and he said this is the first ID Golf R in the states. Ginseng Yellow I think it’s called. They want like 45-46k for it I think.

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
I got it done at a local shop that uses IGL Coatings. His work is impecable and pricing is the very competitive.

It’s a one man shop and he takes time but it pays off

Nice man, can’t say I’ve heard of it before but I’m sure it will get the job done!

What are you doing as for maintenance washes and such?

My buddy who does detailing on the side gave me a hand from decontaminating, single stage polishing the car to coating along with other prep work on the car so I was fortunate and didn’t have to pay other than for the products. Curious to know how much ceramic coating goes for but I’m guessing $800-$2k+ (depending on what else is getting done to prep it for coats and how many layers of coarse.

Looks great!

-Martin

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I’m on the same FB page as the manager at Sonnen and he said this is the first ID Golf R in the states. Ginseng Yellow I think it’s called. They want like 45-46k for it I think.
Going off memory the sticker had it going for ~$44,000, which compared to the configurators price of $43,470 really isn't all that bad of an upmark.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Nice man, can’t say I’ve heard of it before but I’m sure it will get the job done!

My buddy who does detailing on the side gave me a hand from decontaminating, single stage polishing the car to coating along with other prep work on the car so I was fortunate and didn’t have to pay other than for the products. Curious to know how much ceramic coating goes for but I’m guessing $800-$2k+ (depending on what else is getting done to prep it for coats and how many layers of coarse.

Looks great!

-Martin
Local guy here was talking 2500 possibly for both my Ram 2500 and wife's Sienna minivan. Now that we both have smaller vehicles I'm hoping to get a good bit smaller re-quote. Forget which one he uses. [emoji19]

GTI looks good!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ubersick

Ready to race!

Looks great!

-Martin

The detailer provided me with some stuff to get sports off the car (fl heat and tree sap can happen) when a wash is needed I just need to use water and air dry if possible. otherwise I can use a microfiber cloth.

I only paid $600 since I got referral but his prices aren't much more than that. Definitely worth the investment

TTU14

Dropped mine off at the body shop yesterday for hail repair :(

~$3500 in damage to the roof, hood and front fenders from quarter sized hail. Luckily it is all paintless repair, but I'm stuck in a shitbox rental Sentra until it's all done.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Summer height, wheels and front lip.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Frax

Installed my Jb4, turbo muffler delete, and wired up a New South boost gauge. TMD and gauge were simple. Plug D on the JB4 gave me some trouble but I was able to reach it from above. Next weekend I'll be able to load up Map1 and get some logs in the JB4 thread.

Next up is a Forge short shifter and ST rear sway.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

etmanning

Ready to race!
Installed my Jb4, turbo muffler delete, and wired up a New South boost guage. TMD and guage were simple. Plug D on the JB4 gave me some trouble but I was able to reach it from above. Next weekend I'll be able to load up Map1 and get some logs in the JB4 thread.

Next up is a Forge short shifter and ST rear sway.

This is literally my car haha.

Jb4
St sway bar
Forge short shift

It's a good combo, highly recommend tires as well before or.after the RSB.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Frax

This is literally my car haha.

Jb4
St sway bar
Forge short shift

It's a good combo, highly recommend tires as well before or.after the RSB.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
New tires are definitely coming soon. I have the shifter and RSB already, that's why they are technically next haha

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Verus Engineering rear diffuser. I wanted to keep a stock look but the rearend lift above 140mph is no good

Last edited: