GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
Found my first stone chip !!!!!!!!
Still after 6 months and 5000 miles I suppose I have been lucky so far.
Managed to catch a wheel on a broken drain cover and collect two bad chips on my last new car within 2 weeks of collecting it.
I guess from the day you collect it you are just on a journey to your first stone chip. :)

Cheers,

Terry

LED Tails! Huge shoutout to Deutsche. Their harness worked perfectly and is really well made, and their shipping was crazy fast. Took my time with the install and ended up taking about 4 hours from start to finish. Now that I know what to do, I could probably do it in 2 1/2 or so. Highly recommend their harness though - the end result is stunning.

IMG_6196 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rXoC5y]
IMG_6184 by https://www.flickr.com/people/39722898@N03/

Adam,

Looking good.

Are those the tinted or cherry tails?

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
looks awesome man! Glad you finally got them done. Doing suspension anytime soon?

My wallet still hates me for my wheels and tires, let alone these tails lol. But who knows what the future holds?

Adam,

Looking good.

Are those the tinted or cherry tails?

Thanks! These are are the European Cherry ones. Slightly tinted around the edges unlike the Asian OEM ones.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Installed vwr springs, tried installing spacers but didn't work out for the 20mm on rear as lug nuts hasnt exceeded enough to get mounted, im either thinking on longer lug nuts or sell em and get extended lug spacers

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Installed vwr springs, tried installing spacers but didn't work out for the 20mm on rear as lug nuts hasnt exceeded enough to get mounted, im either thinking on longer lug nuts or sell em and get extended lug spacers

Looks nice, how is the difference in comfort ? I'm really thinking about doing this but the GTI is very comfortable as it is now I wonder if is going to be too harsh. Thanks in advance

okcookie

Ready to race!
Nailed a huge pothole. :( Completely blew out my passenger side front tire. Huge gash in the tread. Heard a loud bang when I hit it. Such a sad day. Luckily no damage was done to my rim. The stock Austins are tough. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have them lift it and inspect the underbody, as well as replace the tire. Driving a new GTI on a doughnut is depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Looks nice, how is the difference in comfort ? I'm really thinking about doing this but the GTI is very comfortable as it is now I wonder if is going to be too harsh. Thanks in advance

On a glass smooth road, you can't tell a difference. The suspension is stiffer when you go over road imperfections, but not like sitting on a rock. You feel more connected to the road, it isn't a huge difference vs stock suspension in terms of comfort.

KireFlor

Passed Driver's Ed
Found my first stone chip !!!!!!!!
Still after 6 months and 5000 miles I suppose I have been lucky so far.
Managed to catch a wheel on a broken drain cover and collect two bad chips on my last new car within 2 weeks of collecting it.
I guess from the day you collect it you are just on a journey to your first stone chip. :)

Cheers,

Terry
That's why I wrapped it right after I got it! Nice to know it's virgin paint underneath!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
On a glass smooth road, you can't tell a difference. The suspension is stiffer when you go over road imperfections, but not like sitting on a rock. You feel more connected to the road, it isn't a huge difference vs stock suspension in terms of comfort.

Thanks, I'm always afraid of doing this lol, last car I lowered on H&R springs was not good at all specially in pothole city.

gx33

Ready to race!
Installed Ed's Reps this weekend- very pleased w results! Used clear Lamin-x on top of them as well.

Now to decide on a grill...

HawaiiGTI1

Ready to race!
Purchased a spoiler and the euro light switch, which btw is on sale at parts4euro.

So I may have just spent 600 just to have my very own car place in my official ricer spotted thread. I think it will be ok though, just have to wait and see.