GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UK Mk7 1.4 TSi SE with 17" Singapore alloys

Boost1

Ready to race!
A quick snap of my new delivery just to tease anyone who is still waiting!

Last edited:

Boost1

Ready to race!
I am very happy, the build quality is great and engine really smooth. The ride and handling are superb. The brushed steel SE dash is rather a dark smokey finish not a bright silver - looks great. The standard black cloth seats are good but they are grey not black. The car looks quite sporty for a mid range model. The radar controlled cruise is not intuitive to use in my opinion, nor is the media centre, no time to read the manual yet (which is not well written if you are impatient!) Not as many connectivity options as i hoped unless you have Apple stuff - I will need to buy some adapters to input anything with USB/micro USB/3.5 jack though there is an SD card slot. Only done a few miles at the moment. Delighted with the alloys but wish I had ordered the fully automatic climate control which I am missing from my other car. MPG computer is averaging very high 40's as I am pootling about.

Last edited:

Boost1

Ready to race!
Black pearlescent on a dodgy camera phone. As with other black metallics I can't personally see a lot of metallic fleck in it under normal daylight so arguably a waste of £500 but I feared the plain black might look like a taxi.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I like Pearl Effect Deep Black myself.
Non-metallic Black as you say is not good, far too glossy a finish imo...

Helbore

Hey, I just ordered myself a GT 1.4 in pearl black. Looking forward to getting it! I registered to ask you a couple of questions, if you don't mind of course!

What is it you don't like about the air con? I also went with the standard, as I assumed the only difference was that the optional version was 2-zone and I don't care about that. Do you have to adjust the fan speed manually or something? No temperature control? I assume its proper air con and not just a fan, though!

Also, the SD card slots - I should have checked this when I took my test drive, but didn't think to - are they full-size SD, mini SD or micro SD? Also, do you know if they are SD, SDHC or SDXC (ie. what max size card can they read?)

Those alloys lok fab, btw. I kinda wished I'd chosen them as they look fantastic. Hope you're enjoying your new purchase (I won't get mine until the end of March :( )

Boost1

Ready to race!
Hi Helbore - welcome

My SE and I think it is the same for GT, has proper air conditioning, but it is completely manual ie i must pick the fan speed, choose which vents i want it from and turn the dial somewhere between blue and red. The last golf I owned was an early mk5 GT Tdi about 9 years ago and that had dual zone fully auto climate control so I just assumed same as you that the high tech all singing and dancing mk7 would have a decent climate control system as standard.

The SD slot is full sized. I think I recall the manual saying if you use a card above 32gb then be sure to format it with fat32 so I guess some of the bigger cards are compatible. The one I stuck in was just 4gb and no problems with that.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
congrats on the new ride, looks great

i want an MK7 RIGHT NOW

Helbore

Hi Helbore - welcome

My SE and I think it is the same for GT, has proper air conditioning, but it is completely manual ie i must pick the fan speed, choose which vents i want it from and turn the dial somewhere between blue and red. The last golf I owned was an early mk5 GT Tdi about 9 years ago and that had dual zone fully auto climate control so I just assumed same as you that the high tech all singing and dancing mk7 would have a decent climate control system as standard.

The SD slot is full sized. I think I recall the manual saying if you use a card above 32gb then be sure to format it with fat32 so I guess some of the bigger cards are compatible. The one I stuck in was just 4gb and no problems with that.

Thanks for the response, Boost. It does seem weird they'd take a step back with the air con, but I'm sure I'll live with it. So long as it keeps me cool/hot when I need it!