grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

CHB100

Car(s)
MK6 GTI
MY MARK VII

Love the new forum, long may it run. Great pics!!:)

Don't know if anyone here remembers my pics from last year ref painted grill surround. Ironic it's identical:cool: to new car although lower grill is wider.
Like others do not like red line on headlights. Far less of a departure overall than that from MkV to MkVI. Gonna have to drive bloody well to merit upgrade IMO. When you consider were looking at £15K trade and £30+K upgrade:eek:. Hard to justify if your sitting on lowish miles etc.

Will take and upload front end pics of my 6 as comparison later

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I think with the Mechanical LSD, we're going to justify modifications a whole lot more.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
From Vwvortex:
So an interesting note on the Golf MK7 GTI Concept. Apparently since it was labeled as a concept, VW says they are taking into consideration wheter people like the red stripe running through the headlamps and the badging on the sides

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion

Anyone notice that the pedal is no longer mounted on the floor?

Probably a good thing too, less crap accumulating at the bottom of the pedal.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
any little bit helps

Yep. But an LSD will definitely be a big hitter to some. Imagine if the MK6 had and LSD from the factory. + K04.....ERMEHRGERD

From Vwvortex:

Saw that....Personally, I think it'll look good either way, but to please the masses I'm sure they'll get rid of it and have a secondary option they've developed in junction with the current style.

Probably a good thing too, less crap accumulating at the bottom of the pedal.

Agreed.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I think with the Mechanical LSD, we're going to justify modifications a whole lot more.

Although thats more shit to break, considering it won't be sized to handle a lot more excessive power....and if there are clutches involved, you might run into wear issue..

Supposedly the move to top hinged pedals was due to people from northern Europe reporting of snow or ice stuck behind the pedal and causing it to malfunction..

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Although thats more shit to break, considering it won't be sized to handle a lot more excessive power....and if there are clutches involved, you might run into wear issue..

True. Only time will tell I guess. I think their transmission parts are pretty robust though. Using that German steel and all......

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Anyone else excited about the Golf ball shifter returning?

marchone

I like most everything about it. The red stripe will look great on a black one. Love the rear window cut like a Beemer, too.

The only downside is that an R version is probably five years out.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
True. Only time will tell I guess. I think their transmission parts are pretty robust though. Using that German steel and all......

I think diff is under more stress though, especially if it has to alter the path of torque flow since its acting on engine power AND tractive force...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The DSG doesn't seem to have it though....not like the ED35 one...

Yeah, a little bummed about that.

I think diff is under more stress though, especially if it has to alter the path of torque flow since its acting on engine power AND tractive force...

Not denying it. But time will tell if it can handle it. VW is good about putting safety measures in there in case of failure. If we're running K04 power levels, we will definitely need it to be robust enough to handle the corners. Let's pray that it does. If not, let's pray that the solution is simple :)