GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

a$ap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What’s up, I’m out of Plano. I know I’ve seen that limestone R on my commute home. Nice!
Here’s my csg gti IMG_9671.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigStogs

What’s up, I’m out of Plano. I know I’ve seen that limestone R on my commute home. Nice!
Here’s my csg gti View attachment 22985

Your ride looks similar to a GTI a was blasting along 88 heading East a few weeks ago. Was pretty early in the morning and it exited at Farnsworth if I remember correctly.

Pic of my Pure White GTI...

a$ap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Your ride looks similar to a GTI a was blasting along 88 heading East a few weeks ago. Was pretty early in the morning and it exited at Farnsworth if I remember correctly.

Pic of my Pure White GTI...

Yep that was me! Too much traffic to really open up at that time.

BigStogs

Good shit, I was wondering if you might have been on the forums.

Right! Damn traffic... really puts a hindering in the fun. Love those wheels btw, really wish I would have held for the Neuspeeds. I just had to get rid of the Austin’s though.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Damn a lot more GTI’s around here than I thought. I was in line in front of you guys at Potbelly but the BMW shirts in a GTI threw me off. I’m on the NW side of Aurora but am out in Galesburg about 80% of the time for work. I’ve seen that limestone R maybe at discount tire? Saw a grey mk7 with red pinstriping on the fog light trim on the way home from installing my buddies P3 gauge at my parents place out in sugar grove.

Last edited:

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Damn a lot more GTI’s around here than I thought. I was in line in front of you guys at Potbelly but the BMW shirts in a GTI threw me off. I’m on the NW side of Aurora but am out in Galesburg about 80% of the time for work.

Yeah, we like all sorts of cars. My aforementioned roommate is a die-hard Nissan guy. I work in Woodridge so I'm not in the Aurora area except for evenings/weekends.

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m interested in upgrading my exhaust system to get a different sound from my MK7. Not entirely equipped to do it myself, should I take it to a shop? If so, where in the Chicago suburbs?

This is my first time even considering mods to a car I’ve owned so I’m unsure how to go about taking to a shop about it.

DAS_STIG

Banned
I’m interested in upgrading my exhaust system to get a different sound from my MK7. Not entirely equipped to do it myself, should I take it to a shop? If so, where in the Chicago suburbs?

This is my first time even considering mods to a car I’ve owned so I’m unsure how to go about taking to a shop about it.

Step 1. Figure out if you want catback or turbo back or something like the clubsport S muffler.

Step 2. See if any forum members in the area that are confident in their mechanical skills are willing to help for a six pack of beers.

Step 3. Pick up six pack of beer.

Step 4. Drive to meeting place with forum members, let exhaust cool, install new exhaust, pay other folks with beer. Skip to step 9.

Step 5. If Step 2-4 is a bust, ask for a good shop reference.

Step 6. Call said shop, tell them you know what exhaust you want and would like them to install. Ask for a quote.

Step 8. Drive to shop, have them install the exhaust, pay them money.

Step 9. ...

Step 10. Profit.

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
Step 1. Figure out if you want catback or turbo back or something like the clubsport S muffler.

Step 2. See if any forum members in the area that are confident in their mechanical skills are willing to help for a six pack of beers.

Step 3. Pick up six pack of beer.

Step 4. Drive to meeting place with forum members, let exhaust cool, install new exhaust, pay other folks with beer. Skip to step 9.

Step 5. If Step 2-4 is a bust, ask for a good shop reference.

Step 6. Call said shop, tell them you know what exhaust you want and would like them to install. Ask for a quote.

Step 8. Drive to shop, have them install the exhaust, pay them money.

Step 9. ...

Step 10. Profit.

Solid plan of attack. Thanks! I’ve taken all my repairs to Performance Auto in Elk Grove Village, but I’m not sure if they’ll do upgrades like this.

I have some research and saving to do, but this is a good step. Thanks!

DAS_STIG

Banned
Solid plan of attack. Thanks! I’ve taken all my repairs to Performance Auto in Elk Grove Village, but I’m not sure if they’ll do upgrades like this.

I have some research and saving to do, but this is a good step. Thanks!

Shouldn't be an issue. Checked their site and they do exhaust work. They'll probably gladly take on a simple exhaust swap to get your hard earned cash. Plenty of forum members around that will gladly help with a simple exhaust swap for some beer though and you'll probably learn a thing or two in the process.

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
Shouldn't be an issue. Checked their site and they do exhaust work. They'll probably gladly take on a simple exhaust swap to get your hard earned cash. Plenty of forum members around that will gladly help with a simple exhaust swap for some beer though and you'll probably learn a thing or two in the process.

I’m inclined to agree.