GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie
There is chatter but I don't think it is bad it sounds exaggerated with stage 2 bfi motor/tranny mounts. This car is my daily and I think the pedal feel and engagement is great and you can very easily still slip the clutch a bit off take off like oem. I just passed the break in miles and have been fairly ruff on it and it is great and hooks up great. I have not launched it but I have never launched my car or done a burn out with it though I would not be worried to do so with this clutch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
There is chatter but I don't think it is bad it sounds exaggerated with stage 2 bfi motor/tranny mounts. This car is my daily and I think the pedal feel and engagement is great and you can very easily still slip the clutch a bit off take off like oem. I just passed the break in miles and have been fairly ruff on it and it is great and hooks up great. I have not launched it but I have never launched my car or done a burn out with it though I would not be worried to do so with this clutch.

Thanks for the honest impressions. Hmm...I'll have the bfi stage 2 mounts in soon so I'm in the same boat. Not sure I wanna deal with chatter though.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the honest impressions. Hmm...I'll have the bfi stage 2 mounts in soon so I'm in the same boat. Not sure I wanna deal with chatter though.
It really isn't bad. I'm installing a fluidampr in a week or two when it comes in and that should eliminate the chatter

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I can record the noise if you want to here it. It's not loud

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Finished up the install tonight, the clutch feels great!

Pedal is firm and consistent, engagement is just a hair lower in the travel but the stock clutch was pretty high.

So far I have no chatter at all, first impression couldn’t be better. I can grab a video later, only took it for a five min drive to make sure it was good to take to work tonight. Hopefully the 750 miles goes fast

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Finished up the install tonight, the clutch feels great!

Pedal is firm and consistent, engagement is just a hair lower in the travel but the stock clutch was pretty high.

So far I have no chatter at all, first impression couldn’t be better. I can grab a video later, only took it for a five min drive to make sure it was good to take to work tonight. Hopefully the 750 miles goes fast
Glad you like it. It gets even better. I still think my noise is mostly tb but I'm not changing it. Still love the clutch

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Planning on getting an alignment and reflashing stage 2 this week. Probably don’t really need an alignment, but I paid for “lifetime” so I might as welll since it’s paid for

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Planning on getting an alignment and reflashing stage 2 this week. Probably don’t really need an alignment, but I paid for “lifetime” so I might as welll since it’s paid for
What stage 2 are you

railroader

Autocross Newbie
APR, I’ve been stage 1 HT for 40k now
I'm getting closer on pulling the trigger on a tune. Pretty much maxed out with the jb4 and the is20. I'll see how it feels with the jb4 when I install my is38. I just have a hard time fully voiding my warranty lol. My car only has 16k on it but I know myself and I'll want more. I'm probably going to maestro when I do it.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have a general distrust of dealership techs so I didn’t care about the warranty.

In my experience I always got my car back in worse condition than I dropped it off so I’ve never been back to the dealership since the day I bought her December 2016

I’m going is38 anyway, so if it pops the stock turbo oh well.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I have a general distrust of dealership techs so I didn’t care about the warranty.

In my experience I always got my car back in worse condition than I dropped it off so I’ve never been back to the dealership since the day I bought her December 2016

I’m going is38 anyway, so if it pops the stock turbo oh well.
Ya. I to tend to find the general work at the few dealers I have gone to to be less than good. I had to show the tech the last time I went were the coolant leak was because he couldn't find it, he obviously didn't look to hard because it leaking from the thermostat housing then when I got the car home I found 1 bellypan bolt missing and the hose that goes to the Airbox disconnected

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Well I hit my break in mileage and finally got to get on it a bit. If you’re debating on pulling the trigger DO IT. It grabs hard and feels great when you push the car. I still want to delete the “swirl” valve with the ECS stainless clutch line and maybe a BFI weighted shift knob but overall the pedal feel is greatly improved over stock

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Well I hit my break in mileage and finally got to get on it a bit. If you’re debating on pulling the trigger DO IT. It grabs hard and feels great when you push the car. I still want to delete the “swirl” valve with the ECS stainless clutch line and maybe a BFI weighted shift knob but overall the pedal feel is greatly improved over stock
It really is a great clutch and very easy to drive. I have been beating it up getting logs with my is38 and there are no problems with hold the low rpm boost.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk