GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
Car is filthy but heres so she sits. ST X coilovers, 18x8 ET35 Alzors because im poor, 225/40r18 oem hankooks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
That has just an excellent balanced look. Well done.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Not so bad, for a poor man. Lol

Nice setup!

Joviemk7

Ready to race!
Was skimming through the thread and seen some people running 18x9.5 but i was wondering what would be the best tire size 225/40 or would a 235 tire be able to fit lowered on solowerk coilovers

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
Was skimming through the thread and seen some people running 18x9.5 but i was wondering what would be the best tire size 225/40 or would a 235 tire be able to fit lowered on solowerk coilovers
I dont have 9.5s but I have 225/40s on 8" wheels and I dont even know how those would fit on 9.5s to tell you the truth

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
235 minimum if the tire brand allows, but that's really stretched. I've run a 245 on a 9.5 as a daily driver on my CC and it was just fine but I wasn't that low.

https://flic.kr/p/uKYW2V

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
You'll be fine. I used to run 205/40 on a 9. I've had friends run a 205 or 215 on a 10 as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
You'll be fine. I used to run 205/40 on a 9. I've had friends run a 205 or 215 on a 10 as well.

Joking but serious, just because you can doesn't mean you should hahaha. I get stance/stretch and all that, but unless you're super low that's a compromise on reliability.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Joking but serious, just because you can doesn't mean you should hahaha. I get stance/stretch and all that, but unless you're super low that's a compromise on reliability.

205 on a 9 is baby stretch in my book. The stretch on the 10.5 was a scary sight to behold tho.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I can’t tell if that’s a joke?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I can’t tell if that’s a joke?
It's not. You can do that, but the chance of the bead breaking on a pothole is really high. That's about a look, not about function or handling.

People do get real scared about mild stretch though.

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
It's not. You can do that, but the chance of the bead breaking on a pothole is really high. That's about a look, not about function or handling.

People do get real scared about mild stretch though.

I wouldnt call a 225 tire on a 9.5 wheel a "mild stretch"

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I wouldn't either, which is why I said 235 at minimum before. I've had concerns for my 235 on a 9" and that's completely safe.

A 235/40 safely fits up to a 9.5. that to me doesn't mean you're stretching the tire till you put it on a 10.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
A 235/40 safely fits up to a 9.5. that to me doesn't mean you're stretching the tire till you put it on a 10.

For most folks, stretch means not square. I'm just trying to speak to the masses here haha. On a 9.5" wheel, a 255-265 is square, so everything less than that is considered stretched to most.

I've done 265 on a 9.5 too. That was fun:

https://flic.kr/p/EjEALf