GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I am seriously considering running Neuspeed rse10 in 18x9 et45. I would like to pair them with the new Michelin PS4S in 255/35/18.

Would these fit with stock suspension and fender screw mod? My research is saying it probably will fit, but may need a little more negative camber up front. I have also heard the PS4S runs a little narrower than the Pilot Super Sport so that may help.

Have you seen a car with a 9" wide wheel and 255 tires that isn't lowered? A better question, do you plan on lowering the car later?

You definitely won't have any issues running this setup on a stock height car, but IMO it'll definitely have a *look* to it. Without the natural camber from lowering the car and the few inches of fender gap it can look like it's poking a lot more than on a lowered car.

I think with a lowering spring and the fender screw mod you shouldn't have any issues with that setup as well. Just a bit wider tire than what I'm running, but if you went too low there could be some tire to fender issues. You might consider a narrower tire, unless you're set on that width for traction reasons.

rcb020

Passed Driver's Ed
You might consider a narrower tire, unless you're set on that width for traction reasons.

Definitely would like to get as much rubber out front as possible. Long term goal is APR is38 and would probably be slightly lower with bilstein shocks and matching springs.

The 034 negative strut mounts are something I would consider to make it work.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Definitely would like to get as much rubber out front as possible. Long term goal is APR is38 and would probably be slightly lower with bilstein shocks and matching springs.

Got it, then on the long term if some front camber is in the cards with suspension work you should be golden.

I'm currently 18x9 ET35 up front at ~-2.4 degrees camber, fender screw mod and a little bit of *finesse* to the fender lip where it meets the bumper with zero rubbing. That's of course with a 235/40 tire, but with 20mm more tire width and 10mm less offset you should be right about where I'm at.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Is your goal speed in a straight line or speed around a track? As I understand it, adding negative camber will reduce straight line traction, so if that is your goal, the effects of a wider tire may be marginally reduced by the increase in neg camber.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Is your goal speed in a straight line or speed around a track? As I understand it, adding negative camber will reduce straight line traction, so if that is your goal, the effects of a wider tire may be marginally reduced by the increase in neg camber.

While this is true about grip/contact patch, for most people not looking to break into the 9's it won't be noticeable. A great example of that is RJ's GTI build. Didn't slow him down much. If you were building a dedicated strip car you would avoid extra camber up front, but if your driving is mixed it's a non-issue IMO.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I am seriously considering running Neuspeed rse10 in 18x9 et45. I would like to pair them with the new Michelin PS4S in 255/35/18.

Would these fit with stock suspension and fender screw mod? My research is saying it probably will fit, but may need a little more negative camber up front. I have also heard the PS4S runs a little narrower than the Pilot Super Sport so that may help.

please post up side pics if you do tun this setup. i have the rse10 in 18x8.5 +45 and ps4s 245/35/18. i wanted to do the setup you are thinking about but i pussied out cause my car is lowered and will be going another .5 in lower in the future

chubot

Has anybody got 245/45-17 tires on 17x8 et45 rims. Works out to be .8% taller and 4.3% wider, I am wondering if the 8 inch rim would be to narrow for the 245 tire ( I know it is within the spec's for the tire, but on the small side).
thanks in advance.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Has anybody got 245/45-17 tires on 17x8 et45 rims. Works out to be .8% taller and 4.3% wider, I am wondering if the 8 inch rim would be to narrow for the 245 tire ( I know it is within the spec's for the tire, but on the small side).
thanks in advance.

245/45-17 is pretty tall, 25.6" vs the stock 25.1". I think you'd be better off with 245/40-17, at 24.7". It's sort of an awkward width for 17" wheels. Ideal would be 235/45-17 or 255/40-17, but finding wide wide enough 17" wheels in 5x112 for the 255 width tires is difficult.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=404272&postcount=17
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=433388&postcount=3

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking for some wheels to mount my brand new Hankook all seasons on (I had the dealer put winters on when I bought it), I found some 18x8 ET35 locally, I know it will be close but should I be good with stock size 225/40s and an upcoming install of ST coils set conservatively at ~1"?

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Looking for some wheels to mount my brand new Hankook all seasons on (I had the dealer put winters on when I bought it), I found some 18x8 ET35, I know it will be close but should I be good with stock size 225/40s and an upcoming install of ST coils set conservatively at ~1"?

Just out of curiosity, if you already have a winter setup, why would you run all
Seasons as opposed to a dedicated summer or max performance Tire? All
Seasons are pretty bad especially with the amount of torque these cars make and being FWD. All Seasons are not even good in snow. They’re ideally suited to non performance cars. Now if you don’t really get on it much, then I guess you may not notice a difference.

To answer your question, you will be fine. im running 235/40/18 on 18x8.5 et+35 with no problems.

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
Just out of curiosity, if you already have a winter setup, why would you run all
Seasons as opposed to a dedicated summer or max performance Tire? All
Seasons are pretty bad especially with the amount of torque these cars make and being FWD.

Trust me I would love some summers right now, but I bought this car 2 months ago and like I said I negotiated the dealer to throw winters in the deal, so I still have the stock tires literally brand new. Ive had them on CL to no avail. I need to pull the winters off within the next month so I am probably going to have to run them. I have to buy tires for my wifes jeep as well so budget does not allow it :)

If I still lived on FL would not have this problem!

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Trust me I would love some summers right now, but I bought this car 2 months ago and like I said I negotiated the dealer to throw winters in the deal, so I still have the stock tires literally brand new. Ive had them on CL to no avail. I need to pull the winters off within the next month so I am probably going to have to run them. I have to buy tires for my wifes jeep as well so budget does not allow it :)

If I still lived on FL would not have this problem!

I get it. Didn’t realize they were your stickers. At least they’ll fit with your choice of rims with no rub.

Renck

Ready to race!
Well, not that aggressive as others, but I really like how they look. 305 Forged wheels (FT101 18x8 +42) and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (225/40ZR18).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Well, not that aggressive as others, but I really like how they look. 305 Forged wheels (FT101 18x8 +42) and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (225/40ZR18).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic!!