GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno Day

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
I'll be heading back with Orly next month. Hopefully my intercooler will be on. If not, I'll still go again. The max timing on mine was 8 but mostly 6.5. I would like to see 10s like Perry. I could have tried to push more, but I'm happy with being conservative. At 300whp/354lbft, I've surprised more than a few other drivers. Saving up for a bigger turbo, so I'm sure once that happens, I'll go for bragging rights, lol. Overall, I'm very happy.

Perry01

Ready to race!
I was looking at page one of the "post your dyno results" thread and saw six dyno graphs of stage 2 GTI's on a Dynapack dyno (which is the same kind we used on Thursday.)

Our results on the JB4 definitely hold their own against stage 2 MK7 GTI's.

Eurodyne Stage 2:

Eurodyne Stage 2 FBO:

APR Stage 2 FBO:

Eurodyne Stage 2:

Revo Stage 2:

GIAC Stage 2+:

Also here is Unitronic's advertised stage 2 dyno graph.

And my JB4 dyno graph for comparison. Equally important is the curve. More HP and TQ throughout the powerband makes for a faster car.

Last edited:

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
I was looking at page one of the "post your dyno results" thread and saw six dyno graphs of stage 2 GTI's on a Dynapack dyno (which is the same kind we used on Thursday.)

Our results on the JB4 definitely hold their own against stage 2 MK7 GTI's.

Also here is Unitronic's advertised stage 2 dyno graph.

And my JB4 dyno graph for comparison. Equally important is the curve. More HP and TQ throughout the powerband makes for a faster car.

Very nice! I just can't help but notice the mph difference and ratio difference? Hopefully those don't mess with the readings

Perry01

Ready to race!
Very nice! I just can't help but notice the mph difference and ratio difference? Hopefully those don't mess with the readings

The above stage 2 dyno's were done in 4th gear. Sean programmed the dyno on my pulls for 3rd gear because of the speed limiter. My baseline stock pull last month using the same ratio was an accurate 225 HP 272 TQ.

Last edited:

Perry01

Ready to race!
Yea, they do suck so I switched to PostImage. They're free and no stupid ads.

Log from dyno pull:

http://www.datazap.me/u/perry01/dyn...4-11-18-25-26-28&trim=0&tmin=24.00&tmax=84.26

Here were my settings:

This is a pic of the dyno graph:

I plan to go back soon. I installed charge pipes and I am going to increase boost by 2.0-2.5 PSI across the board to try to get 315 HP on 92 octance pump gas. No E85 here. I'll try these settings:

Last edited:

Perry01

Ready to race!
But still, all that Monsanto corn and no E85 available?

Just for GMO purposes only!

It's ironic that the military imports E85 for use in their flex fuel vehicles here but nothing for the general public. Maybe they can use surgarcane to make ethanol?

Perry01

Ready to race!
Another Dyno appointment set for next Thursday. We're going to crank up the boost and see if I can get a bit more torque and HP. Stay tuned....

Perry01

Ready to race!
It looks like this car is never going to go on a dyno again. My teenage son lost it on a curvy wet road today. No one was hurt fortunately.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
It looks like this car is never going to go on a dyno again. My teenage son lost it on a curvy wet road today. No one was hurt fortunately.

Very sorry to see this! Glad he or nobody else was hurt. My son will be driving age in a couple years and I have been thinking about what I will allow him to drive. Probably going to be a slow beater with good brakes and good safety rating. I am not looking forward to it. I feel bad for both of you. Hope the insurance company takes good care of things and that it is soon a distant memory.