GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno Day

Perry01

Ready to race!
I'm going to try to put the GTI on a dyno this weekend. There are only a few on the island here and one has a drive up on Sundays. The downside is a long wait. I made an appointment at another shop February 11th but hopefully I can get it done this Sunday.

The shop owner mentioned that I may have to pull the ABS fuse. Can I get away with holding the ESC button until it says "ESC OFF" or should I pull the fuse?

I'll post the results afterwards.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
I'm going to try to put the GTI on a dyno this weekend. There are only a few on the island here and one has a drive up on Sundays. The downside is a long wait. I made an appointment at another shop February 11th but hopefully I can get it done this Sunday.

The shop owner mentioned that I may have to pull the ABS fuse. Can I get away with holding the ESC button until it says "ESC OFF" or should I pull the fuse?

I'll post the results afterwards.

No need to pull the fuse, I got it done with ESC OFF

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya you don't need to. I don't even think mine was put into ESC off when it was dynoed and it was fine. Looking forward to your numbers!

Perry01

Ready to race!
I didn't know anyone did drive ups, I have been meaning to go get a dyno done as well. I assume your on Oahu.

Yes on Oahu, Munky Wurks by appt on Saturdays and Sundays it's open for drive ups from what I've heard. I have an appointment at 808Performance but the earliest weekend appointment was February 11.

Perry01

Ready to race!
It was f***ing hot in the shop where I got the dyno. IAT's climbed to 130 degrees but it still put down 272 HP and 300 ft lb of torque. Stock was 224/272. Stock non PP GTI with JB4 Map 6.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Still a clean log with those IATs! Close to 50whp with JB4 is not too shabby. Will be waiting to help you with that new Downpipe you're about to order haha

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Good gains. Surprised your torque wasn't more, but heat is brutal. Considering APR Stage 1 on the same type of dyno is advertised at 281whp (91oct since I know it's what you're running) even with the heat that's a great comparison. You're running additive boost now right? Your logs are looking great!

themyst

Ready to race!
why'd you start the pull so high in the powerband?

no fans to help with cooling in the shop? your peak gains are +48 whp, but top end you're gaining closer to 60. I really wish the JB4 would offer isolated boost control instead of fighting against the stock curve. ah, some day. :)

Perry01

Ready to race!
Good gains. Surprised your torque wasn't more, but heat is brutal. Considering APR Stage 1 on the same type of dyno is advertised at 281whp (91oct since I know it's what you're running) even with the heat that's a great comparison. You're running additive boost now right? Your logs are looking great!

Yea, I was hoping for more torque but it was hot in the shop and the fans didn't help much. The top end gains are pretty good though. Here are the Map 6 settings:

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Peak torque on these is20's is around 3200 rpms is why. Dyno run started at that rpm. Need to hit it about 26-2700 rpms to see the usual torque spike you see on dyno sheets. I thought you had a Rev9 dp??

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
They're definitely great numbers, especially for the heat. Any big torque bumps are just pushing lots of psi low end usually. Since your request is only 3psi near the peak torque, I bet if you added a couple more, you're easily gain another 20-25wtq.

The best part about JB4 is you can dial it in. Right now you have a great linear map! No need to change anything unless you want to.