GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Must I do this? Or will I be able to finaggle it enough?
Since I was doing coilovers at the time I did the unbolt a bunch of stuff method, you might be able to skate away with not BUT it's maybe $20 in bolts. YMMV, but I will say if you pull the hardware, I wouldn't reuse it. It's not at all a bad job though. The biggest thing is going to be making sure you disconnect the sway bar end link from the control arm, otherwise you're going to wind up fighting the other side of the car to let you get the spring in place.

It really comes down to how much you prefer effort over time. I'll take two hours to do a one hour job, if it's two hours of easy stuff versus an hour of struggling and swearing.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Hit 140k this weekend, car didn’t spontaneously combust.

IMG_4426.jpeg

Onto the next milestone. Still have the original water pump & haven’t cleaned the valves for anyone out there panicking about those potential issues.

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
Rear springs are pretty easy to do, though you might want to just get a couple new stretch bolts from the dealer and unbolt the sway bar end link, trailing arm, and lower strut so you can swing everything around however you like. But not nearly as annoying as the front springs.
I am having trouble finding the correct bolts on RockAuto. FCPEuro just doesnt even have them? Would I be looking for these?

1715097475254.png

Attachments

• 1715096897992.png
    1715096897992.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Hoping its as simple as compressing the old one out and compressing the new one to go in...
Following what you end up doing. I've been rolling around on a broken rear spring for months on my 2015. I'm waiting for a forum member to respond back for some used stock struts/springs for a refresh until I go full coilover and not quite sure what all will be involved with a replacement.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I am having trouble finding the correct bolts on RockAuto. FCPEuro just doesnt even have them? Would I be looking for these?

View attachment 304349
To the best of my knowledge, it's not the sort of thing that RockAuto carries. Here's a link with part numbers and a wealth of info, it was supremely helpful when I was looking. The majority of my hardware came from Urotuning, though I did wind up having to get some incidentals from the dealer.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...k-damper-installation-reference-guide.334926/

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Absolute last thing I needed was another set of wheels, but was stunlocked by a OE set of Fuchs that popped up on Marketplace yesterday. Had to pick them up. 1400$ CAD (about 255$ USD per wheel). No curb rash, rubber is original 2021 and pretty shot.

View attachment 304382
If those wheels were 8.0 or 8.5" they might have been the perfect OE VW wheel. Light, strong and great looking.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If those wheels were 8.0 or 8.5" they might have been the perfect OE VW wheel. Light, strong and great looking.
I just posted the exact same thing in the other thread.

bbroecker37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Over the weekend I DIY repainted the panoramic sunroof trim. I think it came out great. It took me a couple of days to sand off the old clearcoat by hand. I then wet sanded the orange peel until it was flat and cut and polished the clear coat. She's ready for AVF!

Attachments

• 70068311198__8555CD23-CDD7-4F00-B65F-C558AE1C958F.JPG
    70068311198__8555CD23-CDD7-4F00-B65F-C558AE1C958F.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6200.JPG
    IMG_6200.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6201.JPG
    IMG_6201.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6203.JPG
    IMG_6203.JPG