GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Kart17

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Scheduled getting the ac checked by a local Indy shop.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
This happened. Can you guess what went wrong.
1000029390.jpg

And i don't know how to weld or solder, so this is the best i could come up with based on what i have on hand.

Unfortunately i don't have a thin 10mm to hold the bottom nut, but I've never had issues before. I guess shop cranked it down last time i had pcv changed.

1000029391.jpg

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Are these one and the same
Yes -- and not that I'm an expert or anything, but I was very impressed with the build quality of everything he's done that I've purchased to date. Seat kit, ground kit, all well done and not at a bonkers markup.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yes -- and not that I'm an expert or anything, but I was very impressed with the build quality of everything he's done that I've purchased to date. Seat kit, ground kit, all well done and not at a bonkers markup.
Absolutely, and I’ll be using his MPI kit too…. At some point

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Can confirm. Grounding kit and MPI-ready intake manifold are great

I'll need a clutch before I can hang with anybody!
I need tires and moar powah babeh :ROFLMAO: Spacers and dust caps from BFI are on the way, then likely tires, then we start on MPI/flex, then vortex. Adding it all up was a mistake, but at least now I know I might not be able to afford to keep both kidneys

actually I'll be interested to see what clutch you go with, I went SB 3D and still can't figure out if I made a good call or not. It holds fine, but I worry about if it was the ideal choice or if I should've done something different, what with crank walk and all that.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I need tires and moar powah babeh :ROFLMAO: Spacers and dust caps from BFI are on the way, then likely tires, then we start on MPI/flex, then vortex. Adding it all up was a mistake, but at least now I know I might not be able to afford to keep both kidneys

actually I'll be interested to see what clutch you go with, I went SB 3D and still can't figure out if I made a good call or not. It holds fine, but I worry about if it was the ideal choice or if I should've done something different, what with crank walk and all that.

I did the mental math on my build a few weeks ago. If you throw in the non-maintenance repair work I've had to do along the way it's...embarrassing. But we're having fun!

I'll probably source a clutch soon, and BFI motor and trans mounts, and do all of that at once. That better be it for a while

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I did the mental math on my build a few weeks ago. If you throw in the non-maintenance repair work I've had to do along the way it's...embarrassing. But we're having fun!

I'll probably source a clutch soon, and BFI motor and trans mounts, and do all of that at once. That better be it for a while
BFI mounts are top tier. I went stage 1 and while the NVH is minimal, it's tight & tidy. Cannot recommend enough. And yeah, I've had a couple of cars that fit that bill. Life's too short to worry about the money, just enjoy the cars.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
For the seat kit, which one did you purchase, the black 10 pin or red 17 pin?