GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what annoys you about your mk7!

Cannondale

Can not pull away on tickover.

My Passat had autohold and would pullaway no bother on tickover this Golf just will not. Not sure if the Autohold is set up wring on it?

marvin1

Ready to race!
Isn't it designed not to release at tickover but when the throttle is applied ?
Yes I believe some input is necessary from the throttle upon releasing the clutch, if we're talking about manual transmissions. However, I can see your point as it is nice to creep forward on tickover only in which case i suppose Autohold could be disengaged?

andy845

My MK7 is my first ever VW. I have just been told (after asking) by the dealer that the car will not tell me when the screen wash is running out as I don't have the winter pack fitted. I couldn't believe it, with all the features the car has a standard (SE model), yet it can't tell me when the screen wash is running out, WTF! Apparently this has always been the case with VW's???

Shitty cars from 20 years ago will tell me when the screenwash is low, it's unreal.

marvin1

Ready to race!
My MK7 is my first ever VW. I have just been told (after asking) by the dealer that the car will not tell me when the screen wash is running out as I don't have the winter pack fitted. I couldn't believe it, with all the features the car has a standard (SE model), yet it can't tell me when the screen wash is running out, WTF! Apparently this has always been the case with VW's???

Shitty cars from 20 years ago will tell me when the screenwash is low, it's unreal.

Should have specified that winter pack, then, obviously if that information is of vital importance to you. However, I can appreciate your annoyance when so much other unnecessary gimmickcry is part of the SE spec. I personally, don't need TPMS, as a good kick of the tyres is enough :D
I am really in two minds as to just what do i want if I am to replace my current MK6 which as only done 16k miles but will be four year old in late July.
New cars always attract me and I can afford them at the moment but can't really justify anything too expensive considering my low annual mileage now.
VW Golfs are now bordering on silly money as my replacement, MK7 SE 1.4 TSI with a sunroof would be about £21,500 OTR but, admittedly have a lot of toys including that monstrosity the ebrake etc. again thrust upon us with no good reason, other than to give more space for storing bottles of water or cups!!
I suppose we could always show our disdain by spending our money elsewhere but you obviously chose not too.;)

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Once you have a MK7 with e-brake you will wonder why you had all those misgivings. I did.
It is automatic in operation and you can just forget about it.

marvin1

Ready to race!
You are probably right it's just that I'm very old and afraid and suspicious of change.

andy845

Yes, you'll soon forget about the e-brake and the auto hold function is excellent.

Whilst the lack of screen wash info might seem trivial (and it is), it's extremely annoying at this time of year to run out, especially with a lot of my driving being in the country. I'll just have to get used to keeping it topped it. I certainly never thought to ask when I was ordering the car, I incorrectly thought that sort of thing was an absolutely bog standard feature on even the most basic car.

merog1

Passed Driver's Ed
The screen wash liquid level warning (std in norway) comes with the winter package and/or with the bi-xenon lights. The easy way to see if it has winter package is to look for headlight washers. If it has headlight washers it has wash liquid level warning.

paddypool

Ready to race!
count yourselves lucky over there !! - have more pity on Rep of Ireland customers ! :(
> Because of our scandalous & illegal VRT charge here were totally screwed over by the Government & VW Ireland.....

I'm pricing a DSG 1.6 TDI Highline here ('UK GT' but is available in a 1.6TDI here) comes bog standard ....the only 'extras' of note are the folding mirrors ! ....no sports suspension, no car alarm, no parking sensors, no sports suspension, no rear dark tint, no paddle shifts, no sat nav, no ADC & no ambient lighting -(not EVEN available as an option!)
And the price starts at Euro 29,600 > £25,100 !:eek:

I priced it last week, if I were to buy the 2.0TDI DSG GT in N. Ireland & bring it down it would cost a scandalous £35,100- Euro41,500 :mad:
& the price may not stop there as it depends on what extras the VRT man sees, then there's extra VRT charged PER item they 'deem' an 'extra' in the car ! It beggers belief !

walker

Go Kart Newbie
it can't tell me when the screen wash is running out, WTF! Apparently this has always been the case with VW's???

Huh? I'm on my 3rd VW and they've all had a wash fluid low indicator light. I've never seen a car that didn't.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Huh? I'm on my 3rd VW and they've all had a wash fluid low indicator light. I've never seen a car that didn't.

We'll I've had seven VWs without washer fluid low indicator light.
It just depends on what spec you order.
You either want it or you don't.
I do high mileages and don't find it a big deal myself just to top up the washer fluid when checking the oil.