GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what annoys you about your mk7!

CEBER

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked mine up last thursday but because of weekend break i hav,nt had chance to investigate the infotainment centre yet but i have to say that the wife and i are absolutely delighted with our first golf!! The interior looks stunning and worth every extra penny:D Annoyed? not a chance!

2.0 GT. DEEP BLACK, SHETLAND LEATHER,ELECTRIC SEAT:)

ellie43

Glad you like it- sounds lovely! Did you have a factory order? I have requested leather seats (with lots of other extras) and I have a horrible feeling it's going to be a long wait ......

CEBER

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad you like it- sounds lovely! Did you have a factory order? I have requested leather seats (with lots of other extras) and I have a horrible feeling it's going to be a long wait ......

Hi ellie43, yes was a factory order on 11th jan and arrived at dealer on 15th march! What colour paint and leather have you ordered?

ellie43

I did like the look of Shetland, but in the end I chickened out and played safe with black! As for colour, I couldn't decide between limestone grey and tungsten silver - again, sort of played safe with the silver ... the other day I saw my first Mk 7 Golf on the road. It was limestone grey I think and it looked a bit dull with no sun shining on it, so I'd like to think I made the right decision ....
I also went for a sunroof and a few other bits and pieces which I am hoping won't cause delays as I'm starting to get excited !

paddypool

Ready to race!
I did like the look of Shetland, but in the end I chickened out and played safe with black! As for colour, I couldn't decide between limestone grey and tungsten silver - again, sort of played safe with the silver ... the other day I saw my first Mk 7 Golf on the road. It was limestone grey I think and it looked a bit dull with no sun shining on it, so I'd like to think I made the right decision ....
I also went for a sunroof and a few other bits and pieces which I am hoping won't cause delays as I'm starting to get excited !

finally test drove mk7 GT with the so called 'pan' roof...a poor sunroof compared to the wife's Mk5, the glass overhangs the opening a few inches & i must say I think the mesh material that slides over the sunroof is flimsy & cheap... awful IMO

marvin1

Ready to race!
finally test drove mk7 GT with the so called 'pan' roof...a poor sunroof compared to the wife's Mk5, the glass overhangs the opening a few inches & i must say I think the mesh material that slides over the sunroof is flimsy & cheap... awful IMO

Oh dear, that doesn't help me make the choice of a sunroof at all. I have always specced my cars with them and the two Golfs have always had a nice, quality, sliding cover to cover the glass when closed and looked as good as the roof of the car.
I too noticed the blind on the MK7 as being a very flmsy and no doubt not very draught proof, horrible meshy thing.
It's something I will have to look into more thoroughly before buying. Another good reason not to jump in to buying this car too quickly.

paddypool

Ready to race!
Oh dear, that doesn't help me make the choice of a sunroof at all. I have always specced my cars with them and the two Golfs have always had a nice, quality, sliding cover to cover the glass when closed and looked as good as the roof of the car.
I too noticed the blind on the MK7 as being a very flmsy and no doubt not very draught proof, horrible meshy thing.
It's something I will have to look into more thoroughly before buying. Another good reason not to jump in to buying this car too quickly.

i had decided on getting one this time when i order a mk7, but the sliding 'mosquito net' (!!) has put me off...very surprised at vw for putting in something like this- but it most be geared towards making the car lighter !:rolleyes:
I was annoyed to be told that there wasn't even an option for a roof-like padded sliding cover:(

marvin1

Ready to race!
i had decided on getting one this time when i order a mk7, but the sliding 'mosquito net' (!!) has put me off...very surprised at vw for putting in something like this- but it most be geared towards making the car lighter !:rolleyes:
I was annoyed to be told that there wasn't even an option for a roof-like padded sliding cover:(

The problem is that the earlier sliding covers was a better insulation from the downdraft the glass roof produces in the cold winter months and I always keep mine shut during those months. I feel that this newer flimsy net won't have any such effect in keeping the cold out.:(

lawrie1

Ready to race!
Downdraft! Have you actually driven one or is this guesswork?

I drove mine 300 miles in temperatures near zero and felt not a thing.
The inside of the car is stunning. The mesh may be less attractive than previous covers, I don't, know. I leave it open as I enjoy the feeling of space and light the sunroof brings.

I saw one in situ at the dealers and was disappointed by the size but felt the inside of the standard car felt slightly cramped.
I ordered one and have no regrets

Trouble is with all options is that it is too late once the car has arrived.
I am getting a retrofit tow bar fitted and it is clumsy compared to the factory fit I have just seen. ( nothing illustrated in brochure )

I guess this thread illustrates how we all view things differently :)

marvin1

Ready to race!
Downdraft! Have you actually driven one or is this guesswork?

I drove mine 300 miles in temperatures near zero and felt not a thing.
The inside of the car is stunning. The mesh may be less attractive than previous covers, I don't, know. I leave it open as I enjoy the feeling of space and light the sunroof brings.

I saw one in situ at the dealers and was disappointed by the size but felt the inside of the standard car felt slightly cramped.
I ordered one and have no regrets

Trouble is with all options is that it is too late once the car has arrived.
I am getting a retrofit tow bar fitted and it is clumsy compared to the factory fit I have just seen. ( nothing illustrated in brochure )

I guess this thread illustrates how we all view things differently :)

No I haven't driven one but it is based on my experiences with two Golfs that have had quality sliding screens. When I have pulled these back to expose the glass I have felt this downdraft from the cold glass surface as indeed you do from any glass that isn't double glazed or covered. The analogy would be the windows in your house, for example.

marvin1

Ready to race!
Incidentally, Lawrie, what is the tint of the panoramic sunroof like? I only sat in a showroom GT with this glass roof and thought is was a dark brown or something like that.

lawrie1

Ready to race!
Incidentally, Lawrie, what is the tint of the panoramic sunroof like? I only sat in a showroom GT with this glass roof and thought is was a dark brown or something like that.

Going out later so will check on tint.

Not much hair & I felt nothing from roof. I guess I will now you have mentioned it, thanks :)

Had a look outside and colour of tint difficult to pinpoint. In overcast conditions it may have had a brownish tint....

Last edited:

Oswald1

Although the passenger side mirror does tilt when reverse is engaged, it goes nowhere near far enough to correctly view the kerb.