GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate Actuator Adjustment

katanamst279

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Everyone.

Recently my car has been going into limp mode. I got the car and it says that the wastegate actuator is out of alignment and needs to be adjusted.

Can anyone share info on how to do this?

Thanks

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Thanks a bunch!

I had flashed my car back to stock to see if it was something with the tune but it wasn't.

Is it ok to flash back to stage 2 before I do the adaptation, or does it not matter?

It doesn't matter

katanamst279

Passed Driver's Ed

So I am still having problems. Even with the longer adapter on the actuator the voltage is still at 4.65V. The voltage still wont change even though I am doing the adjustment the right way. Do you know if this mean I have a bad turbo? I'm honestly not even sure where to go from here.

katanamst279

Passed Driver's Ed

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
It is showing 4.551V right now

I believe when the voltage is that far off you will not be able to complete the first time adaptation without getting the safety alert.

Have you tightened up the wastegate rod?

When I did this adjustment it wasn't until the voltage dropped to below about 4v that the adaptation procedure would complete.

katanamst279

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe when the voltage is that far off you will not be able to complete the first time adaptation without getting the safety alert.

Have you tightened up the wastegate rod?

When I did this adjustment it wasn't until the voltage dropped to below about 4v that the adaptation procedure would complete.

I tried adjusting the rod but the voltage just stays the same