GOLFMKV

Those with o2 spacers and CEL free

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
not on stage 1+ or lower, now that I'm on a stage 2 file yes it does

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
not on stage 1+ or lower, now that I'm on a stage 2 file yes it does

Makes sense, they don't expect you to have a DP on a stage 1 or 1+ tune.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Also, in some states you need to have readiness on all sensors otherwise you fail automatically. The stage 2 files disable the o2 sensor, therefore, you do get a not ready signal.

On my MK6 vehicles i had the APR tunes with EMCS and i had two sets of stage 2 files, one for disabling the o2 on which i daily drove the vehicles with and another which allowed readiness. I switched to the tune which allowed readiness on inspection day and the spacers i used then could hold me for a few hundred miles before the o2 code would appear.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all, I've had a CEL on my cts downpipe for a couple weeks now. Seems like people are having luck with the vibrant spacer and the medium insert? gonna try it this weekend so wish me luck!

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Also, in some states you need to have readiness on all sensors otherwise you fail automatically. The stage 2 files disable the o2 sensor, therefore, you do get a not ready signal.

On my MK6 vehicles i had the APR tunes with EMCS and i had two sets of stage 2 files, one for disabling the o2 on which i daily drove the vehicles with and another which allowed readiness. I switched to the tune which allowed readiness on inspection day and the spacers i used then could hold me for a few hundred miles before the o2 code would appear.

Very true... I have to tune my car to Stage 1+ or lower and run a drive cycle every year to pass NH's OBDII readiness test. Otherwise it would fail immediately due to the patch the stage 2 file employs. Some states allow 1 sensor to not be ready but from my understanding most need them all to be ready to pass. Luckily it's pretty easy to switch tunes with the Uniconnect cable.

penguinsgestapo

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running a very similar setup, Eurocode catted DP with the Vibrant J spacer and the medium insert. I have the spacer screwed all the way in and pointing toward the front of the car with the spacer pointed upward slightly to protect the O2 sensor from condensation. Ran that for probably 2500 miles on my Uni Stage 1+ before I tuned to stage 2. Never tripped a CEL running 93. YMMV. :)

Texas allows one to show up as not ready I believe. On my DSM I could literally tell the computer to say any system was ready that I wanted regardless of it it is on the car or not. I wish we could do this on the VW.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Hey all, I've had a CEL on my cts downpipe for a couple weeks now. Seems like people are having luck with the vibrant spacer and the medium insert? gonna try it this weekend so wish me luck!
Installed a catted CTS downpipe on my wife's S3 last weekend, used the j spacer with medium insert. She drove about 200 miles and still CEL free, fingers crossed it stays that way.

My GTi is going on almost 4k and CEL free on my Circuit Werks catless TBE using the same j spacer and insert.

tmbzip

Ready to race!
Installed a catted CTS downpipe on my wife's S3 last weekend, used the j spacer with medium insert. She drove about 200 miles and still CEL free, fingers crossed it stays that way.

My GTi is going on almost 4k and CEL free on my Circuit Werks catless TBE using the same j spacer and insert.

And what direction do you have your spacer facing?

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
I just got the Vibrant J spacer installed (APR downpipe) - used the medium insert as suggested by others running a catted DP, and the sensor is facing the front of the car.
Lets see how long this lasts :)

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
And what direction do you have your spacer facing?
If i remember correctly its at a 90 degree (perpendicular) to the downpipe travel, I'll try to get a photo soon.

It can only face one direction because of the location of the bung and its close proximity to the trans.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Did you receive your DP yet? Wondering if it is one piece, as pictured on the web.
Just opened the box, one piece.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByjYfog-pv4zS1ROb2dxM3pCcm8/view?usp=drivesdk

And unfortunately, unlike the pictures online, there is a single O2 bung, not one pre cat.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByjYfog-pv4zbDlaNThWLWJPeEk/view?usp=drivesdk

I think at this point APR's DP, with it being cast, and with a GESI cat, might be the best way to go. Especially if you plan on running their stage 2 tune. Do their DPs ever go on sale?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited: