GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SixSpeeder's MK7 Autobahn

WilliamLuk

Great car, trying to get one too!
Is that $32,500 outdoor price? Or just the car price,not adding taxes and warranty ?

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Great car, trying to get one too!
Is that $32,500 outdoor price? Or just the car price,not adding taxes and warranty ?

Thanks. Yes, that was the out the door price. I bought it the first week that the GTI was out in the US so there was no wiggle room on the pricing, they would have just sold it to someone else. Check out this thread on vwvortex.com, people are apparently getting them for $500 under invoice if they join the SCCA: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...highlight=scca

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
In recent news, my GTI was lemoned and bought back by VW due to the DSG breaking, and their inability to replace it within 30 days. It was all documented in this thread on vwvortex.com:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7047214-DSG-Failure-MK7-GTI

Cliff notes:
  • My DSG broke.
  • My dealership ordered a replacement DSG, which had a manufacturer's defect so that it could not be installed.
  • My dealership ordered a 2nd replacement DSG, which was damaged during shipping due to it being shipped in a cardboard box.
  • My dealership ordered a 3rd replacement DSG, which arrived damaged in a cardboard box.
  • It had now been 32 days that the car had been in the shop without the issue being resolved, which qualified it as a lemon under WA State law. I told VW Customer Care to give me a new car, and they did.

thats unfortunate six speeder... if i will have the same issue down the road and decide to give me new car, i would go for manual this time, that way i don't have to worry about again. Good luck man.

or if i get money from them somehow or insurance if lemoned, ill just go for the 13-14 mustang gt.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
404 Not found on the link

Opps, try this: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7049719-500-under-invoice-using-SCCA-membership

thats unfortunate six speeder... if i will have the same issue down the road and decide to give me new car, i would go for manual this time, that way i don't have to worry about again. Good luck man.

or if i get money from them somehow or insurance if lemoned, ill just go for the 13-14 mustang gt.

Thanks. I'm not worried about the quality of the DSG, I think my original issue was an isolated incident. Manufacturer's defects happen every once in awhile on even the highest quality of products. The main issue is their distribution system for parts, I'm glad that my dealer could see that the transmissions were visibly damaged before installation, rather than it failing shortly down the road from unseen damages.

I did consider getting a V8 Mustang or an STI. The Mustang is just not right for my current lifestyle, I need a hatchback and I don't like stopping for gas every 2-3 days. STIs are just ridiculous on resale value, especially in my area. Plus the interior sucks, and they don't have the smooth drivability and power delivery of GTIs.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
APR turbo muffler delete installed:

Mods installed during video:
-APR stage 1 tune
-APR intake
-APR turbo muffler delete

Here's a quick review I posted in another thread:
Yes, it was shot with the GoPro that came with my car on a suction cup mount. With the APR intake, the interior sound level really isn't drastically changed. The pitch of the turbo has changed a little bit, and I can hear more mechanical coarseness from the turbo, but the sound level of spool has only increased a little bit, and is not very noticeable with the windows up unless I really get into high boost. I would be curious to hear what the guys running an unenclosed intake (like the Injen) have to say about it, since they can hear what is going on with the turbo a lot better than I can.

It feels like it has helped the performance of my car slightly, spool comes on very quickly and easily now. I'm currently running the stock catback on my car, I'll report back when I throw my Flowmaster back on to see if I can confirm some of the claims of increased 'pops and growls' like some people have said they experienced.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
whats your thoughts on the power, sound, and build quality of the APR vs Injen intakes?

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Here are some shots of the inside of the stock catback before I had it reinstalled.

Suitcase muffler inlet:

Side exits:

The resonator (you can see that there are 8 small holes vertically in a line, then two slight indentation rings in the middle which are followed by another 8 small holes symmetrically placed like the other first set):