GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SixSpeeder's MK7 Autobahn

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
A girl backed into my GTI at a McDonald's drive-through a couple of days ago. I guess that's what I get for going there at 1:30 in the morning, I should have been keeping a better eye out for drunk fools. She agreed to pay out of pocket for it, I just got quoted $588 at a body shop. They will have to repaint the bumper after the repair.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
That sucks! Stupid drunk drivers! Hope it all gets sorted out quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No! Sorry to hear! Hope it gets solved quick!

Thanks guys! I just met up with her, and she paid me the quote the body shop gave me in cash, so at least I have that now. I'd much rather have an undamaged car, but at least she kept good on her word and we didn't have to get insurance involved.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
It seemed like it was bending too much when I tried to put it underneath the intake, the section of the hose on the right side that runs up vertically is a straight hose. There were no installation instructions with the intake, but it seems to fit better on top.

SiliconValleyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks great! I have the exact same car! Drove it for four days then took it back for a second detail that they promised me only to find out that my compressor sent an error code when scanning, they are ordering parts from Canada and the car should be ready for pick up before the end of the week. I am also going to install the APR Intake, what is your impression of it so far? I am considering the Akrapovič exhaust as well.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Looks great! I have the exact same car! Drove it for four days then took it back for a second detail that they promised me only to find out that my compressor sent an error code when scanning, they are ordering parts from Canada and the car should be ready for pick up before the end of the week. I am also going to install the APR Intake, what is your impression of it so far? I am considering the Akrapovič exhaust as well.

Thanks! The intake is great, it's quiet when driving around normally, but I can hear some induction noise when I step on it. The Akrapovic system sounds great, but is way too expensive.