GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

Halfevil7

Car(s)
2015 mk7 se sport
Platinum Grey Metallic is a factory color on some non-GTI Golfs in the US, and was a GTI color option in Canada. So Canadian vehicle would be my guess. The color, saturation, and sharpness on the photo looks like it's cranked to high hell, which would explain it looking a bit odd.
And to think .. I thought knowledgeable car owners would be found here lmao.. so far you seem to be thee only one … your correct minus Canada … this is a US Vw and limited to about 650 made… they only came in white and plat grey metallic

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
And to think .. I thought knowledgeable car owners would be found here lmao.. so far you seem to be thee only one … your correct minus Canada … this is a US Vw and limited to about 650 made… they only came in white and plat grey metallic
There are plenty of knowledgeable car owners here. You don't have to be here if you don't want to I suppose. Everyone doesn't know every car color/option that was available... that's why we're here in the first place. Our collective knowledge will forever far exceed our individual knowledge.

Halfevil7

Car(s)
2015 mk7 se sport
There are plenty of knowledgeable car owners here. You don't have to be here if you don't want to I suppose. Everyone doesn't know every car color/option that was available... that's why we're here in the first place. Our collective knowledge will forever far exceed our individual knowledge.
Factual… and w that being said ..one also shouldn’t comment as if they do.. jus sayin .. i think the I don’t have to be here if I don’t want to part was kind of in the unwritten book of “duh” common universal knowledge but 🤷🏾‍♂️ wut do I know… as for your comment via why we’re here in the first place..now THAT I can agree on and the colllective knowledge to me is KING! Cheers

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
OK well I stand corrected. Never seen plat grey before. Maybe just me but it appeared to look more Porsche GT Silver to me.

Halfevil7

Car(s)
2015 mk7 se sport
I'm assuming you're young.

That paint doesn't match.

At least take a better picture next time. Take a few steps back.
Paint matches perfect as its oem like I said lol it’s taken in hdr which is prolly why u think otherwise.. I’m assuming you’re old? Eyes not to sharp ?… if young is 34 then so be it cheers

Halfevil7

Car(s)
2015 mk7 se sport
Thing about plat grey metallic is it looks diff colors in diff lighting ..Paint matches perfect as its oem like I said lol it’s taken in hdr which is prolly why u think otherwise.. I’m assuming you’re old? Eyes not to sharp ?… if young is 34 then so be it cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0775.jpeg
    IMG_0775.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 72

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Paint matches perfect as its oem like I said lol it’s taken in hdr which is prolly why u think otherwise.. I’m assuming you’re old? Eyes not to sharp ?… if young is 34 then so be it cheers
Buddy: 1) nobody cares; 2) lighten up; 3) stop being so defensive. This is a pretty tight knit community of largely positive folks helping each other out with absolutely no reason to other than we’re all fond of the same car. Not sure where your insecurity comes from that you’re bent out of shape over what a bunch of strangers think about your car, but YOU walked in HERE and posted a bunch of photos of your mid Golf. If you don’t like the response, log off and find some inner peace. If you can’t do that without external validation, idk what to tell you.

All that being said (and I hate to feed a troll but dammit I just can’t resist): it might be a factory color, but your rear bumper has obviously been repainted, and not especially well. It’s not a coincidence or reflection or HDR that the paint mismatch occurs exactly along the c-pillar line. If you’ve never noticed this before, hate to be the one to break it to you.

IMG_7125.jpeg

Last edited: