GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Prox7R Build Thread "Das R"

Pr0xim0s

Ready to race!
How do you drive anywhere with that low front splitter?
Can't last long.

Carefully :) It's actually not that bad at all. Some of the pictures i'm on an ramp so it looks lower than it really is. I scraped a few times when I first got it but I got use to the height now. The Plastic the Splitter is made out of is super durable too. I see 0 scratches or marking from the scrapping. Very happy with it.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
I had an 04.5 GLI that would scrape leaving my neighborhood at stock ride height. The roads are so sketchy out here and the amount of drainage ditches in the middle of the road just don't make for driving a low car. If I can't exit my neighborhood at cruising speed, I'll miss the light just about every time :)

Pr0xim0s

Ready to race!
Did some things.....

Maxton Spoiler
Black Emblems
CF Wrap between emblems and from Chrome parts
VWR400 Intake Installed

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
10/10, but.. not a fan of the side-saddle license plate mount. The 3rd from last pic shows one reason why - look how far the outside corner protrudes from the bumper. Yikes.

All the paranoia about piercing the precious front bumper is silly when the plate isn't going anywhere once secured anyways. To my eye, the plate looks 100x better when centered where it belongs.

Overlooking that, the car looks fantastic. Stick the plate anywhere you want, it's your car. I'll try hard not to cringe when I see it.

Pr0xim0s

Ready to race!
Trust me I don't like it either but I didn't want to drill anything in case this ohio rule decides to go away..... If that does go away... I'll be the first one to take this off ASAP and since it's just a tow hook slot, I can put the cover back on it.