GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Prox7R Build Thread "Das R"

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Had some family over for my daughter's Birthdays. My mom decided she wanted to drive in my car... This is after I installed JB1... FYI.. My Mom is polish... hence the foreign language in the video =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mduD9ZKW7jU&feature=youtu.be

What kind of polish is your mom :p? So how much louder is the exhaust without the resonator? How much did the springs lower the car? Be aware that after about 15k miles the DWS tires really don't do all that well in the snow any more. I ran the same tires for 2 seasons on my TDI Golf and by the end of the 2nd winter, I was already not feeling comfortable in their level of grip in the snow. Let us know how hard the opticoat application is. I had a Opticoat Pro done on mine and have been really disappointed with its "protection" qualities. Already have tons of scratches after only 5k miles.

Pr0xim0s

Ready to race!
What kind of polish is your mom :p? So how much louder is the exhaust without the resonator? How much did the springs lower the car? Be aware that after about 15k miles the DWS tires really don't do all that well in the snow any more. I ran the same tires for 2 seasons on my TDI Golf and by the end of the 2nd winter, I was already not feeling comfortable in their level of grip in the snow. Let us know how hard the opticoat application is. I had a Opticoat Pro done on mine and have been really disappointed with its "protection" qualities. Already have tons of scratches after only 5k miles.

1. Crazy polish haha
2. It's not super loud by any means but it has that nice growl to it now which I defiantly enjoy over. There are so many after market choices but I think our Stock exhaust is perfect with the resonator deleted as long as your not looking for overly loud system. I'm very happy with it. Like I mention there is no drone on the highway either so that's another plus.
3. Springs dropped about 1inch which is what i expected. Definatly an awesome purchase and it gives the ride a completely different look to it where the VWR still keep it feeling stock. (Daily Driver so I didn't want to lose too much comfort)
4. I had the DWS on the Ralliart and I thought they did well. They are no winter set (ICE X that I use to run) but they were defiantly a better alternative than summers in winter :)
5. I researched a lot about OptiCoat and CQuartz. The older Opti Coat and OptiCoat 2.0 used a different formula where this new Gloass-Coat is suppose to be the best thing on the market as far as scratch resistance. The big difference now is it only last 2 years which i'm ok with. Also just because it's resistance i'm still going to continue proper 2 bucket method/grid guards but I figure extra protection and nice shine/repellent is a bonus.

From the videos/gu ide I watched, it looks like the application is a lot easier than previous formula. Like I said I will post my process with pictures when I do this in a few weeks. Product is already ordered so I'm waiting for the shipment and some nicer weather.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
I was just busting your balls. Polish and polish are literally the only 2 words in the English language that mean different things depending on capitalization :p

AJChaingun

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol, we could be twins ya know. Except I don't get home that often. I am from a little town outside Marietta, but I am stationed in VA. I'll have to post some pics up.

Pr0xim0s

Ready to race!
Car looks great man, nice work. What front lip are you thinking of getting? I'm in the market for one.

Honestly... I have no idea... I think I like the design of the Kerscher front lip spoiler. I don't want to break the bank on a lip but at the same time I want to make sure I get the one that I will like too

Pr0xim0s

Ready to race!
Optimium Gloss-Coat New Formula (Previous OptiCoat 2.0) came in! Ordered 2 as I will be doing this with my buddy and he will be applying this on his car as well. We will be doing a full wash, clay bar, polish/paint correction and Optimium Gloss-Coat application. I'm looking to do this in about 2 weeks or so. I will try to post pictures of the whole process follow by a photo shoot since the car will be nice and shiny :)

Last edited:

Pr0xim0s

Ready to race!
Looks great, I got a JB1 I need to put on. Hoping that will be the only mod I do, but we all know how it starts.

Thanks! You'll be kicking urself for waiting and not putting JB1 sooner :) I had the biggest smile ever when I put it on the first time fresh out of the mail envelope it came in :)

Yea.... once you get the Mod bug... you just keep finding more and more stuff you want to do to the car.

Mike Ralph

Ready to race!
Honestly... I have no idea... I think I like the design of the Kerscher front lip spoiler. I don't want to break the bank on a lip but at the same time I want to make sure I get the one that I will like too

I have the Rieger Carbon front lip on my Lapiz R if you would like a picture of it on the car! Same as the kerscher just different name for where I got it from! Let me know... Have it paired with the OSIR Carbon spoiler extension as wel!