GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pinalloy paddle shifter. Anyone tried?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks Sandman. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Much appreciated.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Incredibly, they arrived today. China to Vancouver in under 5 business days is impressive, especially for free shipping.

Install took just a few minutes. Easier if you have small hands. No issues. They seem nice and tight. I did not use tape. And no, I did not drop the allen key, once. Haha

First impressions...material and build quality is excellent. They feel solid at the top, but a little odd at the bottom. The wider bottom part of the paddle doesn't have the same leverage one the stock plastic paddle as the top part does. For example, you can't press on the inner edge of the bottom of the paddle and shift. You have to press on the outer edge, of the bottom section , to have the right leverage. Not the case for the thinner top section. Leverage is fine. I wish the shape of the bottom half was the same as the top half.

Otherwise, very happy with them. Especially for $35 CDN!

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Got mine today. 8 days door to door. I ordered on a Sunday evening, eastern standard time (Monday morning in China).

Agreed on the awkwardness of the bottom part. It's on the inside of the fulcrum, so the movement is opposite the tops. You can press forward on them (at the bottom) to activate the shifter.

S2Ts seem to be a little smaller towards the bottom, less material on the inside of the fulcrum. I imagine this would be more user friendly, as pulling back would shift, where the pinalloy don't pull back at the bottom, they press forward. No interference with the turn signal or the wiper stalks. Leverage feels positive and still clicky, although not as clicky as the unmodified stock paddles.

Overall, sturdy, well-made, nice finish. A little larger than the S2T, specifically towards the bottom. For the price though, it's a great place to start. If I don't like them, I can always grab the S2T or modify them.

Last edited:

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Is it pressed firm with no rattling?

They're on there tight, it's just a matter of leverage. The bottoms extend too far to the inside, and the leverage, when pulled back down low on the paddle, goes the wrong direction to actuate the shifter.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The over all leverage is great.
They shift easily with no noise.
Yes the bottom extension is not usable as the angle is to far down
But you can easily shift with hands in the 8 and 4 position as you mainly shift with the top two fingers when holding the wheel.
You can easily shift at the very top edge of the paddle extensions.
The paddle shifting area over OE is extended 3 times in my opinion even with bottom not as usable.

Last edited:

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
@Nype: I feel the same about the top and bottom. The top is perfect, and is easily reachable with hands still on steering wheel. The bottom however, does not work very well for switch gears. This is NOT a deal breaker for me, since it only affects the very very bottom. From midway to top you can easily click the paddles.

The quality is great, and the feel is perfect. The paddles do not get in the way at all when reaching for turn signals and wipers. They feel great and solid. I kept the tool to tighten in the tiny compartment just in case they loosen up over time, but I don't see it happening. I'll grab some pics today and throw them up tomorrow.

All in all . . . well worth the $$ for the quality and the increased access to the paddles.

aleczorz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Been in the market for some paddle shifters so I had to pull the trigger at this price point. :D

Libby

Passed Driver's Ed
Incredibly, they arrived today. China to Vancouver in under 5 business days is impressive, especially for free shipping.

Install took just a few minutes. Easier if you have small hands. No issues. They seem nice and tight. I did not use tape. And no, I did not drop the allen key, once. Haha

First impressions...material and build quality is excellent. They feel solid at the top, but a little odd at the bottom. The wider bottom part of the paddle doesn't have the same leverage one the stock plastic paddle as the top part does. For example, you can't press on the inner edge of the bottom of the paddle and shift. You have to press on the outer edge, of the bottom section , to have the right leverage. Not the case for the thinner top section. Leverage is fine. I wish the shape of the bottom half was the same as the top half.

Otherwise, very happy with them. Especially for $35 CDN!

Thanks for your information, and I am gonna get one for my younger brother :)

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
They're a little bulky for me. Might take them off. Wife saw them the second she got into the car and said they looked a little abnoxious. The lack of usefulness of the bottom 1/2 is sort of annoying too. Might have to try the s2t next, as I do like the top half and the added area to shift.

Still going to let them grow on me a bit before I decide to spend $200+

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
They're a little bulky for me. Might take them off. Wife saw them the second she got into the car and said they looked a little abnoxious. The lack of usefulness of the bottom 1/2 is sort of annoying too. Might have to try the s2t next, as I do like the top half and the added area to shift.

Still going to let them grow on me a bit before I decide to spend $200+
S2t paddle shifters are worth every penny my friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

zeroGhost

Got mine in the mail today, ordered it about a week ago. Installed in 15 minutes, would've been quicker if not for one of the screws being slightly under sized.

Looks great, pretty in your face since mine were red. Given the price, it was an amazing buy.

Edit: Save 5% with discount code PINALLOYEBAY (it was on the box)

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Got mine in the mail today, ordered it about a week ago. Installed in 15 minutes, would've been quicker if not for one of the screws being slightly under sized.

Looks great, pretty in your face since mine were red. Given the price, it was an amazing buy.

Edit: Save 5% with discount code PINALLOYEBAY (it was on the box)

I have red also.
People at drive thru's notice them and ask what the red things are.
Most still do not understand what they are when I tell them.
I just smile and drive on.