GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pinalloy paddle shifter. Anyone tried?

The photos don't show the paddle extensions fitted. Wonder why? Looking at the other photos, these extensions seem to be attached using 3 grubscrews into the existing paddles, so they do not replace them, like the S2T items. While they look nicely made, I don't think they will be in the same class as the S2T extensions. That said, the price isn't in the S2T class, either.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I have had them over a year. Check my build thread for info. Link below.
They are great, well made and do not cost $200 like S2T.
Not sure if S2T better quality. I guess if you buy the Titanium for $400+.
Try them and use the spare money for another mod. Like autoledkey LED lights.

And now even less cost. When I purchased cost was double this.
A very good buy. I should get a spare.

Last edited:

Matt15GTI

Ready to race!
Wow! $27 is a deal. They look nice

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for this. I've purchased the black set and will report back.

I think you will like.
They give a large target to paddle shift.
After install I drive almost 100% paddle shift.
With one hand hold in place flush to OE paddles when you tighten screws.
Take time as the screws are small. I only dropped Allen wrench twice.
As one gets older hard to see as well. Keep your wrench just in case.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Do the little screws dig into the plastic of the stock paddles?

Anyone have issues with these extensions popping off?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I ordered a set of black ones. Doesn't feel like much of a risk, given the price. But may consider a very thin double sided tape if secure attachment is an issue.

And I would imagine that replacing the OE plastic paddles "should" be inexpensive, if I do want to remove the extensions, for whatever reason.

Let's see how long this free shipping to Vancouver takes...

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Do the little screws dig into the plastic of the stock paddles?

Anyone have issues with these extensions popping off?

I will not say they do not dig in as they likely do in order to hold.
I have never removed mine to look as I do not have a need.
But keep this in mind. If you remove, you are likely going S2T which involves removing the OE paddle, or you are going to tape one on which likely has an edge that goes around the OE paddle. So you will not see the OE paddle edge as much.
I do not think the dent will not be much and you will likely never remove as you like them so much. If you replace, then you likely will upgrade which involves complete replacement of OE paddle as stated prior.

I have never had them come off or get loose.
As stated I use them daily.
Now you can not grab hold and pull on them. They still will not pull off but they are mounted to plastic paddles and being larger aluminum paddles you would have more leverage and likely damange the OE paddle. With normal use I think no issue.
Hope that helps.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I ordered a set of black ones. Doesn't feel like much of a risk, given the price. But may consider a very thin double sided tape if secure attachment is an issue.

And I would imagine that replacing the OE plastic paddles "should" be inexpensive, if I do want to remove the extensions, for whatever reason.

Let's see how long this free shipping to Vancouver takes...

I thought about tape also but felt even thin tape would space the new paddle back more. There is good clearance behind the new paddles and the wiper/light stalks so the tape might not be an issue.
Try holding them on and look at how they fit. They are molded well to the shape of the OE paddle. After fitting I decided to not use tape and bolted them on.