GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Maybe start a new thread about it? But nothing wrong with contacting Russel Road Racing. They are a supporter of the project.

The setup in your signature seems really straight forward. You should be able to properly tune your car yourself. It's really rewarding to understand how it all works.
Yeah I'm excited to get into it. Learning a lot so far and lots of folks have been a huge help.

I was just thinking about collecting info for the community, so if there's not already a thread for it (I thought this was it, my mistake), I'll get something going.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah I'm excited to get into it. Learning a lot so far and lots of folks have been a huge help.

I was just thinking about collecting info for the community, so if there's not already a thread for it (I thought this was it, my mistake), I'll get something going.
To actually answer your question (something the people in this giant misnomer of a thread like to avoid), Russell and GLS performance (Railroader) are the only people currently paying the fee for commercial usage afaik.
There are others who aren't kicking back to Switch, but I'm not going to mention them since they're generally shitty people/calibrators.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
To actually answer your question (something the people in this giant misnomer of a thread like to avoid), Russell and GLS performance (Railroader) are the only people currently paying the fee for commercial usage afaik.
There are others who aren't kicking back to Switch, but I'm not going to mention them since they're generally shitty people/calibrators.
You too.. tune your car yourself. :p

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

1696906838133.png

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I think I've done enough logging with my current tune that I know what I want to change. I really like the power band, but want to reduce heat and improve longevity... Would like to use a little less boost and a little more timing advance to get there, then create a few variations that are more and less spicy. I've been reading a lot and I'm really excited to have a few things start to click. Huge, huge props to all of the people that have contributed information, experience, and hours to this project.

nefario90

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to chime in and say that some people would rather pay for a tune than make their own. While it’s rewarding to DIY, it’s still a lot of work and time consuming. It helps to know where to look and knowing what to adjust. Buying from a tuner is compensating them for that expertise and your time.

My draw to SimosTools and Switchpatch were the logging and the features (flex, RAL, map switching. …), not so much the fact that I can DIY. With that said, the “OS” community has been phenomenal

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Just wanted to chime in and say that some people would rather pay for a tune than make their own. While it’s rewarding to DIY, it’s still a lot of work and time consuming. It helps to know where to look and knowing what to adjust. Buying from a tuner is compensating them for that expertise and your time.

That's what Cobb is for. Let's keep this about DYI tuning.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
That's what Cobb is for. Let's keep this about DYI tuning.
pretty sure this thread is about closed source patches that have since been commercialized by OP (no judgment against that fwiw).

personally I'd like to see as many people as possible on switchpatch, and that means directing people who don't want to DIY to the appropriate vendors lest they get chadded or worse.

none of the DIY stuff is actually being discussed here anyway (how to get an FRF/A2L, how to find things in the FR, anything about how to use bintoolz).

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
pretty sure this thread is about closed source patches that have since been commercialized by OP (no judgment against that fwiw).

personally I'd like to see as many people as possible on switchpatch, and that means directing people who don't want to DIY to the appropriate vendors lest they get chadded or worse.

none of the DIY stuff is actually being discussed here anyway (how to get an FRF/A2L, how to find things in the FR, anything about how to use bintoolz).

When we started this, it was about people tuning their own cars. Our excitement was people learning to tune their own cars. Maybe the solution is for someone to start a thread somewhere about which is the best switchpatch pro tuner.

festina_lente

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I found shops selling single frf files, others selling whole odis firmware packages and some people say that there were/are downloads directly from VW/erWin, but not anymore. What's the best way to get these files? Which of them are trustworthy?

Did this get answered? Asking for a friend.

SnowyLCR

Ready to race!
Does anyone have a log with a 4th gear pull from around 3000 pull incl (dsg) shift to 5th.
Preferably with a hybrid turbo and e30 Flexfuel solution. Need something to compare with.