Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Might be me in a month 😆

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Hi folks, going down this rabbit hole in interest of telemetry logging on track and simplifying my setup.

Do I understand correctly that I can log the (5 bar) MAP sensor channel, eliminating the need for a boost gauge to get a high boost reading?

- Can log any PID to include "advanced" ones such as boost over 23psi, knock, ethanol content, airmass over 1389 mg/stk, etc.

jaydizzledante

Car(s)
MK7R
Have some experience tuning me7.5 would like to take a crack at simos

Please shoot me an invite to the discord:

Discord handle is: renoxdeception

festina_lente

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Discord invite? discord handle "easy_rhino" or "easy_rhino#7653" whichever...

Been lurking around this topic for some time. Completely new to this flavor of tuning versus buying off the shelf products. It sounds fun even if it leads to nothing more than conservative tinkering.

So far I've managed to:
Build Macchina clone from Switchleg's github build instructions
Get Simotools working, logging, etc
Get VW_flash talking to ECU, etc

I like the puzzle of fishing through threads to find how others get things to work. Hoping the discord will uncover more gold nuggets.

Cheers

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So who's out there selling Simos Tools tunes? I know of Russell Road Racing. Anyone else?

Simos Tools is the logger and flasher. Tune your own car. This will not be come a thread about who to pay to tune your car.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Simos Tools is the logger and flasher. Tune your own car. This will not be come a thread about who to pay to tune your car.
Alrighty.. dang was just asking. I’m working on a tune myself with Tuner Pro. Just curious. 🫡

So like, we’re not going to try to provide that info to anyone? Seems strange, or do we have that info somewhere else?

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Alrighty.. dang was just asking. I’m working on a tune myself with Tuner Pro. Just curious. 🫡

So like, we’re not going to try to provide that info to anyone? Seems strange, or do we have that info somewhere else

Maybe start a new thread about it? But nothing wrong with contacting Russel Road Racing. They are a supporter of the project.

The setup in your signature seems really straight forward. You should be able to properly tune your car yourself. It's really rewarding to understand how it all works.