GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

DV52

Drag Racing Champion

tpk

I've bounced around in this thread and so far I like what I see. Right now I have a Foxwell/Schwaben nt510, which is pretty 90s in feel but does allow coding. I had it for my A4, but seeing this device everywhere now and not knowing the exact numeric changes to be made in some cases, I may need to sell it. I didn't even see any threads about using it in a Mk7 when I searched.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Ok thanks but what is brake light in German ?

You can also use http://translate.google.com for any translation questions. Thats what I did just because I wanted to know what the words meant. It doesn't matter what they mean though as long as you follow the guide to the letter.

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
Skwangtang: Hi try this

Left front fog light
Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12 > only if existing setting is "not active", change to "Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)"

Right front fog light
Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B 13 >only if existing setting is "not active", change to "Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)"

Don

Thanks Don, I tried this and I noticed that in the AUTO setting the fogs wouldn't come on, so I did the changes you suggested and then changed Lichtfunktion A12/13 to Tagfahrlicht. That made it so they were on all the time. Messing with Lichtfunktion A shouldnt be an issue, right?

Luvs2speed

Ready to race!
I am re-posting this in here to see if anyone has feedback.

I went into my Obdeleven this morning and started to make some changes to Module 03 Brake Adaptations. It is hard to get information on what the settings do.

Module 03 Brake Adaptations
Hydraulic Brake Assistant (factory set to Normal) I changed to Not Activated

Brake Booster (factory value set to 4) changed to 5 but did not drive yet.

Hydraulic Brake Booster has a factory value of 8 and says Bias. I did not change this yet. Has anyone played with this?

I would like a slightly firmer pedal and smooth modulation (which I should have better modulation with the Hydraulic assist removed). I will report in with feedback, but anything you guys can share on which direction to adjust in would be awesome.

RobDMB

Passed Driver's Ed
I just used it to disable the Soundaktor with the built in app - seems to have worked. Question - is it normal for faults to show up - even on a new car? I had 3 faults pop up from the scan?

Luvs2speed

Ready to race!
Ok I just got to do some driving and wanted to report back on what these changes do.

Module 03 Adaptations
This is very noticeable and allows the driver to modulate brake pressure progressively. This is a must do for track or Auto X to prevent the car from apply brakes thinking you are are panic stopping which will in turn help with unintentionally activating the abs.

I tried this at 5 and 6 and just got a softer pedal. I went the other direction and it firmed up at 2, but I currently have it at 1 and it feels great. Better feel and nice and progressive braking force.

Hydraulic Brake Booster
has a factory value of 8 and says Offset (not Bais) This setting was very strange. I bumped it up to 10 and apply hard brakes. The car would load up with steady pressure and then after about 1 second it would feel like someone stopped the pedal. There is a surge of brake assist that was delayed and feel really bad. Like the car is recognizing what you are doing and then trying to help. I went back to 8 and let it for now.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Ok I just got to do some driving and wanted to report back on what these changes do.

Module 03 Adaptations
This is very noticeable and allows the driver to modulate brake pressure progressively. This is a must do for track or Auto X to prevent the car from apply brakes thinking you are are panic stopping which will in turn help with unintentionally activating the abs.

I tried this at 5 and 6 and just got a softer pedal. I went the other direction and it firmed up at 2, but I currently have it at 1 and it feels great. Better feel and nice and progressive braking force.

Hydraulic Brake Booster
has a factory value of 8 and says Offset (not Bais) This setting was very strange. I bumped it up to 10 and apply hard brakes. The car would load up with steady pressure and then after about 1 second it would feel like someone stopped the pedal. There is a surge of brake assist that was delayed and feel really bad. Like the car is recognizing what you are doing and then trying to help. I went back to 8 and let it for now.

Luvs2speed: Good feedback -thanks, but you need to be very careful experimenting with ABS module because it can have unintentional consequences under certain braking conditions! What if any security codes did you use?

Don

BAZ3713

Passed Driver's Ed
I used the app to turn Soundaktor off, worked like it should.

Does turning the soundaktor off make any difference. ?
I haven't done it yet but I have seen that a lot of you guys are doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I haven't done it yet but I have seen that a lot of you guys are doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's pretty much a must if you have exhaust mods, since it'll cause drone. Stock, however, I actually prefer the soundaktor on because of how well the car is insulated from outside noise. To each his/her own though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

turboBear

Passed Driver's Ed

I read a long time ago that sound from machines is just wasted energy at best and that kind of stuck with me. Plus, I prefer to hear the tunes and the conversation (when I have passengers) over the car. That said I like the sound and feel of the natural un-augmented sounds of the car. I'm not one who wants serious "noise."

If you're going modded you probably don't want the fake sounds.

Otherwise, if you're someone who wants a car with good "noise" you'll probably want to soundaktor.

Nice thing with ODBEleven though is that it's easy peasy to tweak, it's not like it's a one time thing. ;^)