GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Stickman

Passed Driver's Ed
Stickman: Not sure that every is talking about long coding, but here's how to access the function - in this example, the objective is to change the start-up screen for the MIB unit by modifying the long coding on the Information Control unit1 module @ address hex5F (it's the unit inside the glove box with the CD /DVD player).

Every control module listed in the first screen has an identical second screen - so accessing long coding is exactly the same for all the other modules. You can also get direct access to individual Bytes in the long coding section by pressing the box on the top RHS of the third screen that says 0/1. This gets you access to screens like the one below - so you can directly change the boxes for any Byte

Don

Don,
I just wanted to give you a quick "Thank You" for that clarification. Using OBDEleven properly is clearly something you want to approach carefully. I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I start changing things. I've read some instances of others missteps in this thread and I don't want to follow that trail.
Frank

Scotty3602

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone assist with these errors? All lights light up fine. I have replica golf R headlights and have had no issues for about 2 yrs. The left headlight had some moisture issues, so that may have contributed to something... But wanted to see if there was a way to alter something with the OBD to tell it to not worry about it. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ktavng8r1hosaxt/AACVAYaWGOMqeflaNYD3HLROa?dl=0

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I never knew you could use the iPhone to hotspot an android device , thanks gr8 news [emoji1303]

It can hot spot anything that hooks up to Wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don,
I just wanted to give you a quick "Thank You" for that clarification. Using OBDEleven properly is clearly something you want to approach carefully. I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I start changing things. I've read some instances of others missteps in this thread and I don't want to follow that trail.
Frank

I strongly suggest that you do a back up of all the modules before you touch anything.

Raegar

Ready to race!
Can anyone assist with these errors? All lights light up fine. I have replica golf R headlights and have had no issues for about 2 yrs. The left headlight had some moisture issues, so that may have contributed to something... But wanted to see if there was a way to alter something with the OBD to tell it to not worry about it. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ktavng8r1hosaxt/AACVAYaWGOMqeflaNYD3HLROa?dl=0

You could delete the error with the red trashcan icon on the bottom right by pressing and holding it...but honestly, even if your lights light up fine that doesnt look like the kind of error that you just want to get rid of. Still, I'd try it and see if it comes back up. If it is indeed an issue it should theoretically come up again on the next scan.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion

DanielSL

Ready to race!
Good morning guys. Got my OBD Eleven in late last week, and have already completed the following;

Carbon Fiber display background
Disable seatbelt buzzer and warning light
Set Soundaktor level to Zero
Gauge sweep with Ignition on
Set brake lights to all 5 on
Urban Joke turn signals - Version 2
Windows up/down with remote
Passenger mirror dip in Reverse
Adjust reverse lights to 100%
Fog lights On with High beams

I used the shortcuts for the Urban Joke, the Windows with Remote, and the mirror dip; but all others I coded from this thread and others.

I cannot seem to find the following, and am hoping one of you can help.

I want to have my fog lights on with just the DRL, off with low beams (still use the dash switch), and on again with high beams.

When I do the long coding I have found, I must be missing one step. Either I get on with high beams, and low beams with switch (what I have now); or On all of the time. By all of the time, I mean with no lights, emergency brake up, and even with ignition off and key out of the car.
Obviously I don't want that.

I like the idea of keeping low on the switch because in true fog conditions (fog, dust, snow), you are going to stay at low beams. Sometimes you want fogs, sometimes you don't.
With high beams, they can be on all of the time, just for extra lighting and its not hurting anything.

With just the DRL's on, I think the fog beams are a cool look.

So in the end I would like:

DRL with fog light always On.
Low beam; fog light switchable.
High beam, with fog light always On.

Can someone point me to the step I missed?

Thanks in advance.

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got around to use this thing yesterday. Changes made
-Passenger Mirror Dip
-Disable Soundaktor
-Refill Gallons
-Lock car with engine running
-Set Speed warning
-5 brake lights
-Comfort Blinking (5 blinks)
- DRLs stay on with turn signal
-DRLs blink with turn signals
- Disable parking brake
-DRLs off with handbrake

Soundaktor off is so much better, difference is huge. I enjoy driving the car so much more.

But i am still trying to wrap my head around why VW would leave some of these features disabled. Some make the driving and ownership experience so much nicer. For example, car has hardware for alarm/security system, but disabled? Makes no sense to me. Why give the car the physical capacity but disable them in menus?

Anyone can bring clarity to the thought behind this.

hobie411

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a euro light switch so I can run fogs with the park lights. Trouble is, when in park light position and fog lights turned on, the DRL's dim. How do I code them to stay full brightness?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I have a euro light switch so I can run fogs with the park lights. Trouble is, when in park light position and fog lights turned on, the DRL's dim. How do I code them to stay full brightness?

hobie: Hi. First - you don't say what type of front head-light fittings are installed on your car - but I have assumed for this response that they are angel-eyes (the "U" type LEDs)

Alas, it ain't possible (at least ,I don't know how) to up the DRL brightness by concatenating the dual functions of fog lights on and parker position - Leuchte-programming just isn't that sophisticated

But I can tell you how to make the DRLs illuminate brighter when you set the rotary light switch to the parker position - but all the time, not just when the fogs are on. If this alternative is acceptable, then consider the table below:

Just to explain what's happening in the table: I've shown the Leuchte-sets for the left & right side DRLs (angel-eyes)

On the LHS of the table, I've indicated the function that the Leuchte-banks perform.

To modify the illumination of the U's when the low beam is switched-on, change the existing setting for the Dimmwert EF channel, which has a default value of 26. Experiment with different values until you find a setting to your preference.

To have a different (higher) illumination when you select "Parker", you will need to add a new function to the Leuchte-sets. This is done by the entries shown next to the "Parker Position" . I'm suggesting in the table that you select an illumination level of 100, but again - try different values by changing Dimmwert GH channel

Don

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Finally got around to use this thing yesterday.

But i am still trying to wrap my head around why VW would leave some of these features disabled. Some make the driving and ownership experience so much nicer. For example, car has hardware for alarm/security system, but disabled? Makes no sense to me. Why give the car the physical capacity but disable them in menus?

Anyone can bring clarity to the thought behind this.

Damiom: Hi. First I have to admit that trying to understand any of the reasons why the boffins at VW head office do anything is the delicious futility of an impossible task!

That said, here's my guess - One of the fundamental tenets of marketing is "product differentiation". In the case of VW, it allows them to get buyers to accept the notion that they should pay more for different model cars. For the great majority of buyers, who don't have diagnostic cables/dongles, some of the features that you have identified as being disabled, are only accessible if they are prepared to pay more for higher optioned models.

However, this is not always the case for many of the facilities that have been switched-off in these cars. Lot's of these features can only be enabled if additional harware is installed (which normally is factory fitted on only the higher optioned models).
Your quoted example (i.e. alarm/security system) is one of these cases. To successfully enable these "software switches", an additional physical module is required - together with the installation of the appropriate sensors inside the cabin. If you just enable these switches without the necessary gear, errors will result!

Don

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Good morning guys. Got my OBD Eleven in late last week

I cannot seem to find the following, and am hoping one of you can help.

I want to have my fog lights on with just the DRL, off with low beams (still use the dash switch), and on again with high beams.

When I do the long coding I have found, I must be missing one step. Either I get on with high beams, and low beams with switch (what I have now); or On all of the time. By all of the time, I mean with no lights, emergency brake up, and even with ignition off and key out of the car.
Obviously I don't want that.

I like the idea of keeping low on the switch because in true fog conditions (fog, dust, snow), you are going to stay at low beams. Sometimes you want fogs, sometimes you don't.
With high beams, they can be on all of the time, just for extra lighting and its not hurting anything.

With just the DRL's on, I think the fog beams are a cool look.

Thanks in advance.

Fog lights on with DRLs
09 - Central Electrics
>Adaptation
Leuchte12NL LB45-lichfunktion B 12 > 'Daytime running lights' (default 'not active')
Leuchte13NL RB5-lichfunktion B 13 > 'Daytime running lights' (default 'not active')

Fog lights off with Low beams
09 - Central Electrics
>Adaptation
Leuchte12NL LB45-lichfunktion B 12 > 'not active'
Leuchte13NL RB5-lichfunktion B 13 > 'not active'

Fog lights on with High Beams
09 - Central Electrics

Left Fog
. Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion C 12 > 'left high beam' (default 'not active')
- Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion D 12 > 'Lichthupe generell' (default 'not active')
- Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert CD 12 > 100 (default '0')
- Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimming Direction CD 12 > 'Maximize'

Right FoG
. Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion C 13 > 'right high beam' (default 'not active')
- Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion D 13 > 'Lichthupe generell' (default 'not active')
- Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert CD 13 > 100 (default '0')
- Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimming Direction CD 13 > 'Maximize'

Hope this is what you are after. I can't be held accountable if your car explodes, but I do call dibs on your partout!

Last edited:

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Up4speed: Hope that I'm not stealing your thunder!!

Don

[/

Not at all, lol. I was just going to refer him to your post anyway. It's much better than I would be able to explain.
To be honest, I was shocked that you didn't jump in and tell him to back it up! Of course I'm sure that the reason was that you didn't see the post yet ;)

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Good morning guys.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel. Here's a suggestion that you might like to consider:

I've included in the table above both options for the high-beam: High-beam flash (pull the lever towards the driver)and High-beam ON (push the lever away from the driver). Just select which options you want .

Don

EDIT: Damn - I've done it again!! SK VeeDubR -my apology, I've duplicated your excellent suggestion!! Great minds think alike (let's not entertain the other part of this saying!)

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Don

EDIT: Damn - I've done it again!! SK VeeDubR -my apology, I've duplicated your excellent suggestion!! Great minds think alike (let's not entertain the other part of this saying!)

haha I'm just glad I can now be of some use re this OBDEleven and coding - Don, I've learned so much from you, thanks again!!