GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No one bought the golf 40 years special edition?

pettros

Hello every one,

I am a new member from Greece and I am about to place my order for the Golf edition 1.4 TSI 150Hp DSG.

The Greek version of the Golf edition includes the following R line ext. pack

(R-line front, rear bumper and side-skirts with R logo at the grills)

Sport suspension, 17" Singapore alloys

and

Semi leather Ergo active electric seats.

The dash board is the brushed aluminum version

Unfortunately the ambient light package is not in available not even as an extra option.

The price is about the same as Highline version with some differences (In the Edition the multifunction steering wheel and the 5.8" media system is not standard and a few others..)

I think that is not a bad deal..

;)

Last edited:

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
@Pettros

The "EDITION" model in Greece looks awesome!!!! you so lucky to have the R exterior looks!! and the Ergo seats!!!

I do prefer the black glossy interior look though but the rest is pretty cool.

You could choose the color of the seats too???

pettros

@Pettros

The "EDITION" model in Greece looks awesome!!!! you so lucky to have the R exterior looks!! and the Ergo seats!!!

I do prefer the black glossy interior look though but the rest is pretty cool.

You could choose the color of the seats too???

Hello,

No unfortunately the exterior and the interior is fixed. I do also prefer the black clossy interior... And I can't even add the ambient light package because of this.. Any way I think the brushed aluminum is not so bad.. And no light scratches and dust are visible like the glossy black.. You can't have it all..
;)

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

No unfortunately the exterior and the interior is fixed. I do also prefer the black glossy interior... And I can't even add the ambient light package because of this.. Any way I think the brushed aluminum is not so bad.. And no light scratches and dust are visible like the glossy black.. You can't have it all..
;)

Yes mine too interior and exterior fixed. well i do have the interior light package but i honestly don't see the use of it...and the glossy black you are absolutely right but i figured that having a especial cloth in the car for this helps a lot, takes 2 seconds to wipe it all and everything is like new ^^.

let's make a deal, i ll give you my ambient light for your R exterior looks ^^

pettros

Yes mine too interior and exterior fixed. well i do have the interior light package but i honestly don't see the use of it...and the glossy black you are absolutely right but i figured that having a especial cloth in the car for this helps a lot, takes 2 seconds to wipe it all and everything is like new ^^.

let's make a deal, i ll give you my ambient light for your R exterior looks ^^

Hmmm... Let me think.. Thanks for your kind offer but no.. I will keep the R line exterior!! :p

Yes I totally agree with you. Black definitely looks nice, better than the silver.. Looks more premium.. Aluminum looks kind of sport but also cheaper. Interior light package is nice but OK I think I can live without it..
;)

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh btw Pettros whats the range of engines they propose to you for the special edition in Greece??

Which one did you opt for? Do you have a date for the delivery?

just to compare things between dealers/countries

pettros

Oh btw Pettros whats the range of engines they propose to you for the special edition in Greece??

The Golf edition available engines in Greece are:
1.2 TSI 105PS
1.4 TSI 122PS
1.4 TSI 150PS ACT
1.6 TDI 105PS

Tomorrow I will place my order for the 1.4 TSI 150PS DSG so I can't tell you about the delivery.. The dealer told me that it will probably take 3-3.5 months because of the extras ..

The standard equipment includes:

R line ext. pack
17' Singapore wheels
Ergo Active semi-leather seats
7 airbags
ESP, XDS
Multi collision Brake
Pre Crash
Fatigue Detection
Driving Profile
Auto Hold
Infotainment Composition Color 5"
Cruise control
Tire pressure warning
2 zone clima

My extra options:
Pan roof
Top Xenons
DCC
ACC
Park assist
Rear camera
keyless
Infotainment Composition Media 5.8"
Folding mirrors
Light and sight pack
Multifunction Steering with shift pads
Dynamic Light assist (tomorrow I will know for sure if it is available..)

Deuxi when you placed your order and when you are supposed to get the car?

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
The Golf edition available engines in Greece are:
1.2 TSI 105PS
1.4 TSI 122PS
1.4 TSI 150PS ACT
1.6 TDI 105PS

Tomorrow I will place my order for the 1.4 TSI 150PS DSG so I can't tell you about the delivery.. The dealer told me that it will probably take 3-3.5 months because of the extras ..

The standard equipment includes:

R line ext. pack
17' Singapore wheels
Ergo Active semi-leather seats
7 airbags
ESP, XDS
Multi collision Brake
Pre Crash
Fatigue Detection
Driving Profile
Auto Hold
Infotainment Composition Color 5"
Cruise control
Tire pressure warning
2 zone clima

My extra options:
Pan roof
Top Xenons
DCC
ACC
Park assist
Rear camera
keyless
Infotainment Composition Media 5.8"
Folding mirrors
Light and sight pack
Multifunction Steering with shift pads
Dynamic Light assist (tomorrow I will know for sure if it is available..)

Deuxi when you placed your order and when you are supposed to get the car?

Well i'm glad that at least for the engines we get the same options ^^.

I took the 1.2 105 bhp just because i do very little of highway, i'm mostly in town and after test driving it, it has more then enough power for me to do what i want.

This being said i ordered the car on the 21st of December if i remember correctly (at work right now so i don't have the papers in front of me) and the dealer at the time told me that the car should be delivered between end of February and beginning of march, final date in my hands should be the 16 of March.

Has i don't have a follow up tracker like in some countries i can't tell you if everything is going has planned, all i can do is harass the dealer to get more info.

One thing he told me may have its importance: he told me that if i ordered my car before January i would have a big difference in delivery date because of the European Brussels Car Show which is from the 16 to 29 January.

A lot of demands and orders to be expected so it would delay the creation of the car. ( i kinda trust him on that)

He told me at the time that if order done before January, car delivered around march...if ordered done after January (or during) car would be delivered around end of June.

BTW this info was the info shown on his own computer (that i saw) after doing the whole simulation.

pettros

Well i'm glad that at least for the engines we get the same options ^^.

I took the 1.2 105 bhp just because i do very little of highway, i'm mostly in town and after test driving it, it has more then enough power for me to do what i want.

This being said i ordered the car on the 21st of December if i remember correctly (at work right now so i don't have the papers in front of me) and the dealer at the time told me that the car should be delivered between end of February and beginning of march, final date in my hands should be the 16 of March.

Has i don't have a follow up tracker like in some countries i can't tell you if everything is going has planned, all i can do is harass the dealer to get more info.

One thing he told me may have its importance: he told me that if i ordered my car before January i would have a big difference in delivery date because of the European Brussels Car Show which is from the 16 to 29 January.

A lot of demands and orders to be expected so it would delay the creation of the car. ( i kinda trust him on that)

He told me at the time that if order done before January, car delivered around march...if ordered done after January (or during) car would be delivered around end of June.

BTW this info was the info shown on his own computer (that i saw) after doing the whole simulation.

That is bad news for me... I suppose that all the above infos are correct so my delivery time will be delayed for sure... Anyway.. Tomorrow I will have more information from my dealer..

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
Well maybe not...you said the dealer told you it would take 3 to 3.5 months right? well thats about my wait time...for me it was a little under 3 months.

AND maybe my deliver will be changed also, so you know, we just have to wait and see ^^

pettros

Well maybe not...you said the dealer told you it would take 3 to 3.5 months right? well thats about my wait time...for me it was a little under 3 months.

AND maybe my deliver will be changed also, so you know, we just have to wait and see ^^

Yeap! In any case you will get your car sooner than me! That's for sure!
;)

pmcguire

Passed Driver's Ed
Its quite funny because this is almost the same car that I recently collected. I think the 40yr special wasn't offered to Finland because it was never offered to me when ordering.