GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Firestone Indy 500 tire.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
They have very different wear rating which let me to believe they are not equal.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Good point.

220 to 340. But both are A/A rated.
As the RE003 not sold in USA, is the tire wear rating universal around the world?
Wondering if it changed due to being sold in USA. Not sure, just asking.

In any case, looks like a good buy.
Even if not perfect, half the cost of an RE-11.
Likely better than OE in summer.
Unless you drive way above speed limits would likely hard to tell difference on daily driver. I would take a set to test.

Link with some info if it works.

https://www.google.com/search?q=firestone indy 500 treadwear

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Some tire preference is going to be subjective. I had v12's and absolutely hated them. I gave them a month and pulled them off.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Man... makes me feel better. What did you hate about them?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Love me some Texas! Methinks I should've got the V12's. Oh well.

I think the Tire Rack comparison video gives some good info on the tire.
The driver gave good comments on the Firestone and they normally do not just hand out positive comments on a tire unless it is earned.
I think it will do well and for you I hope it does.

koharatx

Passed Driver's Ed
I have these on base Golf in 225/40/18 and love them! HUGE improvement for my car, but that's only to be expected coming from the base Golf's 195/65/15 economy (LRR?) tires.

The factory tires were literally squishy, contributing to a very noticeable of body roll, squat and dive. These took much of that away, and that's before changing suspension.

Colonel_Panic

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a set of these for my Mk6 Golf and found they're a great step up from the OEM all seasons. I drive a mix of rural 2 lane, city streets and highway and they grip more but not so much as to be super aggressive. They've also lasted through multiple track days this past summer and are down to about 75% tread.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
After some reading I ended up purchasing these tires in 235/40/18 to mount on my stock GTI Sport wheels. Everything considered it looks these can't be beat as an all around summer tire. Once I get them on I'll write some more driving impressions. And for any people on the fence, call Firestone service centers, they are having a promotion now.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
After some reading I ended up purchasing these tires in 235/40/18 to mount on my stock GTI Sport wheels. Everything considered it looks these can't be beat as an all around summer tire. Once I get them on I'll write some more driving impressions. And for any people on the fence, call Firestone service centers, they are having a promotion now.
There is literally a Firestone service center 3 blocks from my house. I'm gonna have to drop buy to see about this promotion!

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Anyone in northern california interested in a set of lightly used 255/35R18s? They will fit just fine if you have stock springs. About 7-8/32nds tread depth on 2 of them and about 6-7/32 on the other 2 (use the 7-8/32nds in front) Looking to sell for cheap ($150 for all 4) — local pickup preferred.

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Anyone in northern california interested in a set of lightly used 255/35R18s? They will fit just fine if you have stock springs. About 7-8/32nds tread depth on 2 of them and about 6-7/32 on the other 2 (use the 7-8/32nds in front) Looking to sell for cheap ($150 for all 4) — local pickup preferred.

Thats a great deal. I'd scoop em if i lived within a few hours of you... but i dont