GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
12 point, 24mm axle bolt. No integrated washer, just a regular shouldered bolt. OEM, appears to have red threadlocker on it.
I'm coming up with two different specs -- 150 ft-lbs + 180°, and 52 ft-lbs + 90°. What's correct? I saw a thread on here suggesting that the latter is accurate for the bolt that does not have a washer, BUT I'd prefer to be sure. 2019 GTI S 6MT, if that matters (it sounds like maybe it's related to the design refresh).

New OEM bolt on the left, bolt I took out on the right.

View attachment 301362

I did 200 Nm + 180° in my R last winter. Bolt looked like yours.

My car hasn’t fallen apart yet because of it.

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
For downpipes w/ cats that are hit-n-miss with CELs, (for example Wagner or Milltek sport cat) how does that play with a mild spacer and afr? EQT claims spacers and non-cel free downpipes cause richness over time. Trying to figure out a way to avoid having to pay up ~$2k for a "cel free" catted DP 😅.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
For downpipes w/ cats that are hit-n-miss with CELs, (for example Wagner or Milltek sport cat) how does that play with a mild spacer and afr? EQT claims spacers and non-cel free downpipes cause richness over time. Trying to figure out a way to avoid having to pay up ~$2k for a "cel free" catted DP 😅.
simple 90 degree O2 spacer

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I use a J spacer Like this with the medium insert and I don't get any CELs from the DP.

https://www.emdauto.com/collections...ith-adjustable-inserts?variant=43065835127043

Samb

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Hello,

Need help please.

I downloaded the "P350_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z" file from Volkswagen's website/MIB-Helper - for Discover Pro Nav MIB1 (MHIG).

The downloaded files included the MIB1 and MIB2 directories, as well as the third (some information) folder.

Downloaded onto an NTFS-formatted USB stick. Unzipped and transferred to USB.

At first, the file would not be recognised or read. The file is now detected, however it appears as N/A, and no action can be taken.

Is the 2024 file too new and not compatible with MHIG, or is the MIB1 HIGH NAV DATABASE incompatible with the new maps file accessible on the VW website?

(According to another forum user (Tell), this may be the case. Here is a link to the topic if you want to read the thread.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/486625-columbus-map-update-2021-mib12-high/page/4/

Please view the attachments.

Furthermore, I had previously removed a VW MAPS SD CARD from a 2019 Passat discover media and inserted it into my MIB1 (MHIG/Pro Nav) SD card slot 1, which worked as intended. However, it now displays the following message: "The navigation data in the infotainment system is not valid. Please check data" and would not recognise it.

Attachments

• IMG_9262.jpeg
    IMG_9262.jpeg
    785.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9263.jpeg
    IMG_9263.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9261.jpeg
    IMG_9261.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9266.jpeg
    IMG_9266.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 7

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@El_bigote_AJ

I think you made the right move with the EV6 GT and not waiting for the Ionic 5N....

1711567466024.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
and now the entire west coast going to outlaw buying gas cars? ouch

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Hello,

Need help please.

I downloaded the "P350_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z" file from Volkswagen's website/MIB-Helper - for Discover Pro Nav MIB1 (MHIG).

The downloaded files included the MIB1 and MIB2 directories, as well as the third (some information) folder.

Downloaded onto an NTFS-formatted USB stick. Unzipped and transferred to USB.

At first, the file would not be recognised or read. The file is now detected, however it appears as N/A, and no action can be taken.

Is the 2024 file too new and not compatible with MHIG, or is the MIB1 HIGH NAV DATABASE incompatible with the new maps file accessible on the VW website?

(According to another forum user (Tell), this may be the case. Here is a link to the topic if you want to read the thread.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/486625-columbus-map-update-2021-mib12-high/page/4/

Please view the attachments.

Furthermore, I had previously removed a VW MAPS SD CARD from a 2019 Passat discover media and inserted it into my MIB1 (MHIG/Pro Nav) SD card slot 1, which worked as intended. However, it now displays the following message: "The navigation data in the infotainment system is not valid. Please check data" and would not recognise it.
Feels like this question is way too smart for this thread.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
@El_bigote_AJ

I think you made the right move with the EV6 GT and not waiting for the Ionic 5N....

View attachment 301634
I really like the 5N but 20k "Adjusted Market Price" is insane. Specs on it are better than EV6 GT and I like the design of Ioniq 5 more. Almost leased one when I worked at Hyundai but I wasn't a fan of the interior being all white

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
simple 90 degree O2 spacer
I think they have to say that now because of how much the EPA has been cracking down on the automotive aftermarket.

A spacer works, or you can unplug the O2 sensor and not worry about it at all until emissions time (if you have emissions where you live).
I use a J spacer Like this with the medium insert and I don't get any CELs from the DP.

https://www.emdauto.com/collections...ith-adjustable-inserts?variant=43065835127043
Thanks for the replies. A spacer works for keeping a CEL off, but I was hoping someone had looked into the rich AFR thing. Maybe it is just FUD from EQT.

@Diggs24
Ever seen evidence in logs to support EQTs claim? Context is if a decent CAT + spacer is enough or full EPA GESI is needed for a balanced AFR.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
What’s the question? The CEL is due to cat not being efficient enough. The unplugging of the rear o2 was to prevent the enrichment but unplugging it makes the ECU unhappy so it triggers a CEL. Cobb can no longer turn off the CEL due to EPA crackdown so your best bet is to get a DP with a good cat and cross your fingers. Or dont run cobb…..