GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7 gti vs 85 GTI vr6 turbo swap

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
got called out last night for tomorrow to race an 85 gti with a vr6 turbo swap...claims its making 311 hp...im thinking slaughter in my mind...opinions?

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
after that swap i think it loses its light weight advantage but either way i didnt even read all your mods i just saw is38 and 100% you'll slap.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
a mk2 golf making 311 (w?)hp vs you making 350? whp. Assuming the mk2's numbers aren't exaggerated, that thing will be damn fast. I think it might give you a run for your money.

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it me, or is 311 extremely low for a VR6T??

probably a mild turbo kit, vr6 12v with 8-9 lbs boost is about that ~300-320 hp

but if you go extreme those vr6 turbos can get into beast mode.

I love mk2s

Hoon

Autocross Champion
probably a mild turbo kit, vr6 12v with 8-9 lbs boost is about that ~300-320 hp

but if you go extreme those vr6 turbos can get into beast mode.

I love mk2s

Yeah there's a local one that makes over 900whp. I would think even a mild setup would be 400ish, but I didn't know they were 12v. I don't know VWs very well

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
a mk2 golf making 311 (w?)hp vs you making 350? whp. Assuming the mk2's numbers aren't exaggerated, that thing will be damn fast. I think it might give you a run for your money.
Nailed it the mk2 even with the vr6 will be 800 pounds lighter...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
wellp sadly fellas the time came and the guy bitched out...heard least 4 excuses...car has a boost leak, clutch is bad, bad tires, you know that bs...ill just keep nagging him on until it happens