GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI JB4 1/4 mile time

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What kind of times are you guys getting in 1/4 mile? I have 2016 GTI with a JB4 running map 2 on 93 octane with no other mods and I was running a 14.77 in the 1/4, with a trap speed of 97 MPH. It seems that my time was pretty slow compared to other people who are in the low 14s to 13s. I will say though the temperature outside was 80F and it was pretty humid out. I don't know, I just would have thought my time would be faster. Just to give a reference, there were some Focus STs running about 15.5s. My car is also a DSG.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Get a downpipe

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Considering stock GTI's can pull 99-100mph traps (sea level) I would say you are going backwards. What is the elevation of ur track?

Agreed, catless dp makes big difference with more boost.

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes I was on map 2. Like it said it was 80F and humid. My 60 time was also a 2.591 which isn't very good. I also had a passenger who is in the heavy side.

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How are the DSG owners launching? I turned traction control to esc sport and mashed the brake and gas then released the brake. You could tell that traction control was still cutting the power on launch. Is this the best way to launch in the DSG?

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Umm..you don't wanna be too upset with your GTI + JB4 if you were drag racing with fatass passenger :confused: Lose the passenger, add a proper e30 mix and learn to drive it. That should put you at least near 14.0s if not hi 13s. And it won't cost a penny.

As for launching with the DSG, it will help if you get an OBD11 and turn vibration reduction off. and set the esc/asr to turn off 100% when you hit the hard button near the shift lever. Having said that, I've done all that stuff and still get ecu interference sometimes. I have yet to sort it out exactly. Really haven't spent enough time on it. Other OBD users have reported better results, so go search that thread.

Far as I know, the only sure-cure for the VW ECU Dictatorship is with a good quality and warranty-killing ECU Flash Tune.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
New JB4 record as of last night, congrats to Alex Kammeyer. 12.93 @ 110mph. I will update the list.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
New JB4 record as of last night, congrats to Alex Kammeyer. 12.93 @ 110mph. I will update the list.

Cool, will check out the list wy2sl0. Want to see what other mods he has. Planning to get to the track by late Oct before they close, see what I can ekk out of these light mods. If I don't crack 13s I will retire in shame, only to return at an unknown time, and without a warranty :D

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Cool, will check out the list wy2sl0. Want to see what other mods he has. Planning to get to the track by late Oct before they close, see what I can ekk out of these light mods. If I don't crack 13s I will retire in shame, only to return at an unknown time, and without a warranty :D

Have you been to the track yet? Just curious about what times you get.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Have you been to the track yet? Just curious about what times you get.

No. Just recently added a downpipe, so am also curious what it can do. Will be the first drag pass, in this car, at least.