GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***MAPerformance MK7 GTI Catted/Catless Downpipe Group Buy!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

HicBuda

Ready to race!
Has anyone with a downpipe noticed the intake "flutter" going from rather subtle before to "WTF is going on there" after DP? I do realize there is a higher volume of air but the flutter it self sounds like the system runs out of air all of a sudden. Just being cautious my MK6 didn't sound like this at stage 2(ish)

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
The downpipe (and subsequent stage 2 tune) actually resolved the low rpm "flutter" I was experiencing on stage 1. Probably too many variables, but most likely boost/tune related. There's been some discussion about this over in the LSPI thread, if memory serves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Hey guys! So now that it's been a few weeks since most of these have shipped, I would like to take a head count so to speak of what is still out there that has not been fulfilled, or, if you are missing a part, received the wrong part etc, please PM me or email me with your order number, and I will get these taken care of.

Thank you!
Ian

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
The downpipe (and subsequent stage 2 tune) actually resolved the low rpm "flutter" I was experiencing on stage 1. Probably too many variables, but most likely boost/tune related. There's been some discussion about this over in the LSPI thread, if memory serves.
See post just above - great customer service going on there!

To AtlantaDad's point, Narako posted up a great video in the thread that seemed to be the noise we both also had. An E85 blend did the trick for my APR S1 tune at the time. And now without E85, my Cobb Stratified 91 oct. tune doesn't have it. So yeah, I suspect it has to due with dialing in the tune. Here's the link to the page where Narako's video is:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29334&page=3

kDizz781

Ready to race!
is it too late to get in on the a catted DP at 20%?

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
The flutter is actually coming from the PCV system. It actually isn't surge which is what we first thought...

Has anyone with a downpipe noticed the intake "flutter" going from rather subtle before to "WTF is going on there" after DP? I do realize there is a higher volume of air but the flutter it self sounds like the system runs out of air all of a sudden. Just being cautious my MK6 didn't sound like this at stage 2(ish)

HicBuda

Ready to race!
The flutter is actually coming from the PCV system. It actually isn't surge which is what we first thought...

Thanks Ian, everything feels rock solid on MAP downpipe and MAP stg 2v2 over time but does anyone know if the PCV noise is symptomatic of a bad valve?

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Good question. I still need to get a more detailed answer from Brian. I just remember him mentioning that the other week.

Thanks Ian, everything feels rock solid on MAP downpipe and MAP stg 2v2 over time but does anyone know if the PCV noise is symptomatic of a bad valve?

penguinsgestapo

Passed Driver's Ed
Man I just have terrible luck. 60 miles driving down the road and CEL with vibrant spacer medium insert. For the people running that setup, how are you angling your spacer? Facing Up, Down, Driver side, Pass side?

Joel

Ready to race!
With the Vibrant spacer and medium insert,I have got a 49f3 code twice now, both times at low throttle/rpms going to or coming home from work.
JB4 cleared it while sitting in traffic at a light almost instantly after hitting clear codes.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
42DD.

(The spacer. Get your mind outta the gutter.)

*No personal experience, but the forum OGs (gnwf, gnar, etc.) swear by them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.