GOLFMKV

***MAPerformance MK7 GTI Catted/Catless Downpipe Group Buy!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Hey everyone! We are now proud to announce our first couple of fabricated goodies for the MK7 GTI! First thing we are going to start out with is our catted and catless downpipe's. These downpipes are made from USA made Rath Gibson 304 stainless steel, hand fabricated in house, and come backed with a lifetime warranty. Here are some specs:

3" Rath Gibson 304 stainless steel
3" Stainless V-band clamp
3" Vibrant Performance flex section
OEM location mounting bracket

Catted versions come with a Vibrant 7102 catalytic converter

Initial group buy will be 20 units. Your choice of catted, or non catted. Retail price for the non catted downpipe will be $399.99 , and $549.99 for the catted version. We are going to start with 10% off retail. But if we can get 20 people on board, we will celebrate with 20% off!!! Payments will be due once they are ready to ship. Please PM or email me if you are interested, and feel free to ask any questions at all!

Thanks,
Ian

1. GTI_TRACK_RAT- catless (PAID)
2. -Dutch- catted (PAID)
3. sasamok - catted (PAID)
4. torroh333 - Gesi cat/Resonated (PAID)
5. airjor13 - catless
6. Mattism78 - catted (PAID)
7. Hunter's_MK7 - catted/resonated (PAID)
8. AtlantaDad - catted (maybe resonator) (PAID)
9. Amko - catted (PAID)
12. Moto Mikey - catted
13. Diggs24 - catted/resonated (PAID)
14. m00se - catted/resonated (PAID)
15. Johnpaul - catless/resonated
16. Derush - catted/resonated (PAID)
17. CharmedL1fe - catted/resonated (PAID)
18. notavr - catted/resonated (PAID)
19. Sherif Ibrahim - catted/resonated (PAID)
20. Mousa - Gesi/resonated
21. Boo - catted/resonated (PAID)
22. Okayee - catted (PAID)
23. BananaSlug - Catted/GESI (PAID)
24. Jrj - catted (PAID)
25. Ga0887 - catted (PAID)
26. Lamb110 - catted/resonated/coating (PAID)
27. JacobAllison - catted (PAID)
28. monkibouy - catted/resonated (PAID)
29. Joel- Catted (PAID)
30. HicBuda- GESi catted (PAID)
31. miked617- Catted/Resonated (PAID)
32. Blaylock1988- Catted (PAID)

Last edited:

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
As a person who installed 4 downpipes from various manufacturers on the GTI, this downpipe looks very easy to install.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I know I've read some of your experiences before, but care to summarize the 4? Thanks.

APR - Fit 100% great quality part, but the sleeve clamps at the cat section took some time to adjust.

REVO - Fit like shit, rubbed against the heat shield in the exhaust tunnel, bends were bad, welds were bad, v-band clamps were cheap and placed badly on the pipe.

42DD - Great fitment, great quality, I had the cheapest option and bolting it together under the car had me making up swear words. The v-band option would of been amazing.

CTS Turbo - Fitment was pretty good, one single piece so you had to line it up just right.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Interesting note on Vibrant's website is that it states NOT to use this cat on a turbo charged or supercharged application.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
That is correct. However, this is the most common cat used on the majority of aftermarket downpipes across the industry. We have been using these for many use on other turbo vehicles, without a single issue. However, we will certainly offer an option for the new Vibrant/Gesi HFC, but the cost is not the most attractive.

Interesting note on Vibrant's website is that it states NOT to use this cat on a turbo charged or supercharged application.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
That is correct. However, this is the most common cat used on the majority of aftermarket downpipes across the industry. We have been using these for many use on other turbo vehicles, without a single issue. However, we will certainly offer an option for the new Vibrant/Gesi HFC, but the cost is not the most attractive.

Yeah they probably just stated that for warranty reasons. I'm using a Chinese catted dp that hasn't had any issues with the catalyst blowing out, but I've seen one big name brand where I saw a few of their cats fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.