GOLFMKV

***MAPerformance MK7 GTI Catted/Catless Downpipe Group Buy!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Getting a bit frustrated here as well... I asked almost a month ago whether the downpipes will be shipped as they're completed or shipped all at once to everyone. Never got an answer.

I understand the delays due to supplier but are there no estimates at all as to when we should expect these? Many of us paid more than $500 over 2 months ago. The group buy itself was initiated almost 3 months ago now.

I'm also worried about potential fitment, finish, or quality issues that might make this a much longer process than it already is. Hoping that there aren't any, but we're still very much the guinea pigs of this downpipe besides the older version(s) that a few beta testers used.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Guys, they are close, I promise you. Not trying to ignore anyone, but I honestly don't have hourly updates. I do have other forums and customers to deal with every day, and I do apologize if you guys feel ignored. Not my intentions. I just don't want to get anyone's hopes up with false updates (such as the issues we ran into with this group buy). Which is exactly why I have not started our intake group buy yet (even though I was instructed to). I need to make sure this does not happen again.

With over 38 of these now on order, and multiple configurations, it is taking us some time to make sure everyone is getting what they ordered. I will certainly do better to keep everyone in the loop the best I can. We are extremely busy this time of year, and understaffed. But we are making strides to resolve this.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
We haven't gone on vacation with your money, I assure you that...

CharmedL1fe

Passed Driver's Ed
That's fine Ian, but without some sort of regular communication with your customers, how are we supposed to know these things? I'm sure you noticed that by and large we have been quite the patient group considering the length of time this product has taken, but at some point enough is enough and we have to force your hand in terms of getting an update. It doesn't take more than a few minutes to write out a quick post on here to keep us on the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Oh, I completely agree. I won't lie, this has been just as frustrating for me as it is you guys. It's tough being the middle man of angry customers, and angry fabricators that are being held up, and not being productive. Like I said, I will do my best to bring more frequent updates. I also have some work load coming off me, so I can spend more quality form time that is much needed. Again, if anyone has any other questions at all, please feel free to reach me directly:

ipeterson@maperformance.com

651-348-8811 ext 111

That's fine Ian, but without some sort of regular communication with your customers, how are we supposed to know these things? I'm sure you noticed that by and large we have been quite the patient group considering the length of time this product has taken, but at some point enough is enough and we have to force your hand in terms of getting an update. It doesn't take more than a few minutes to write out a quick post on here to keep us on the loop.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I just wanted to know the eta because I was taking off a turbo back exhaust and wanted to see if I had time to wait. But, I had to put the stock back on for now. Was trying to kill two birds with one stone.

CharmedL1fe

Passed Driver's Ed
I appreciate the efforts, Ian. Thank you. With all that said, the pictures of the pipes look good and I'm super stoked to take delivery of mine. Ready for the gains. [emoji1377]

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
I'm super stoked.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Good. Looks like these are finally starting to ship! I am home sick today :( But I will be on from time to time today if anyone has any other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.