GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, 60 won't solve it. I never could run 65 and only got 63 to work for awhile before 3AD2 fuel pressure lean showed on JB4 code reader. It didn't seem to be any different than 60. AFR in 4th looks fine, its 3rd that's the issue. DP won't solve, already got one.

THis...George said the same thing not to tune it for/with trim values.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Yeah, George posted once that more trims=more power and people mistakenly assumed that there was a direct relation and people were talking about lower FOL to raise trims. Higher trims is the RESULT of making more power because the fueling needs have increased in relation to pushing more boost. You don't tune for trims, you tune and watch trims to make sure they aren't capping.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
The explanation on N54 tech JB4 covers trims well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
High Power = High Trim
Low IAT = High IGN1 = High Trim
High Quality Fuel = High IGN1 = High Trim
High Boost = High Trim

this is what we need to know in a simplified language :D

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Switched to an absolute map. Seems like either FOL needs increased from 55 to 60, or I am pushing too much boost above 5500rpm. Trims and AFR go to crap with decent ign_1 and only minor correction on ign_3. Also could be too cold for these settings and need warmer temps.

Still trying to wrap my head around this. Tried not to exceed 'max boost' observed on my previous additive maps (25.7psi with zero corrections and good trims/afr).

https://datazap.me/u/arob157/256abs?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-14-17-18-26

Is there a reason why dme_bt seems to be pulling down away from boost and target around 4800 RPM? Is that a cause for concern?

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Sorry for the repost, but am curious about the rpm line in this log. Also the low IGN_1. Any suggestions or thoughts on this would be much appreciated! :)
https://datazap.me/u/jd7/log-1521412103?log=0&data=1-4

I am thinking that is clutch pack slippage around 4200 and again at 5500. Anyone have another explanation? definitely felt the "slip" and I don't see any timing pull, no codes popped. I am thinking I will turn down the boost from 4-5500.
Attached Images

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Sorry for the repost, but am curious about the rpm line in this log. Also the low IGN_1. Any suggestions or thoughts on this would be much appreciated! :)
https://datazap.me/u/jd7/log-1521412103?log=0&data=1-4

I am thinking that is clutch pack slippage around 4200 and again at 5500. Anyone have another explanation? definitely felt the "slip" and I don't see any timing pull, no codes popped. I am thinking I will turn down the boost from 4-5500.
Attached Images

Do you see it a lot and on different surfaces? That's what clutch slip looks like. I recall some 2017s being underfilled form the factory. How many miles?

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Do you see it a lot and on different surfaces? That's what clutch slip looks like. I recall some 2017s being underfilled form the factory. How many miles?

That is the first time I felt that slip and it only happened at WOT after I went to this map from a less aggressive map 6. it's got 13k on it. so you think it would be due to being underfilled or in some way not clamping as intended or could the torque generated at that boost level legitimately slip a properly functioning DSG? it otherwise felt really good, even though timing wasn't advancing as well up high as it was on map 2 in the summer temps.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
That is the first time I felt that slip. it's got 13k on it. so you think it would be due to being underfilled or in some way not clamping as intended or could the torque generated at that boost level legitimately slip a properly functioning DSG? it otherwise felt really good, even though timing wasn't advancing as well up high as it was on map 2 in the summer temps.

If it happens again turn it down to map1. If it still does it turn it to map4 or 0. If it still does it take off JB4 and drive around a few hundred miles and take it in and complain.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
If it happens again turn it down to map1. If it still does it turn it to map4 or 0. If it still does it take off JB4 and drive around a few hundred miles and take it in and complain.

Thanks that makes sense. I am going to a less aggressive map and will do another log and see if it happens again.

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
What does FOL do?
My car consumption is extremely poor, like 420/450km of a tank.
Very strong fuel smell when idling.

Not that im conplaining, i understand that once you mod your car, you cant expect consumption to stay the same.

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
Another Q, I undetstand that IGN1 must go as close to 10 as possible at the red line.
However, what should IGN2,3,4,5 read?
Can we see timing advance through JB4 logs? Or only timing retardation?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Another Q, I undetstand that IGN1 must go as close to 10 as possible at the red line.
However, what should IGN2,3,4,5 read?
Can we see timing advance through JB4 logs? Or only timing retardation?
IGN 1 shows advance, IGN 2-5 represents timing pull in cylinders 1-4. You want those to be 0 as much as possible

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk