GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

nate704

Go Kart Champion
It might be due to the lack of IC causing the iat rise mid rpm range to the end.

I don't see any cylinder timing pulls, but also you are lacking the timing advance on ig1. most logs i've seen get around 10 at the end, but yours show only max at 6 ish advance.

I also do not see any rpm spike (i thought if your dsg slipped, rpm spike would be present. please correct me if my assumption is wrong).

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
The pros are asked here. Does anybody know how I can adjust throttle sensitivity in absolute setting like the BMW guys can do that in menu 11?

I have one thing that really annoys me and I don't understand why it behaves like that.

I like the absolute setting because of top end power. It holds boost exactly like I want to. But what I don't like is that the car behaves completely stock till 80% pedal input. After 80%, power is there. But it jumpes like it is stung by a bee. I want to feel torque also at 40% input, because I don't always drive binary (0/1). This is what makes me always change back to additive.

I like the additive setting because the car feels much torquier at low to mid pedal input. Boost is added always and I can drive the car much smoother and torquier. But what I don't like here is that the tapering doesn't work as I want to. The boost drops after 5000 much more as I want to and you see that the boost curve doesn't follow the target but the load. And load drops lets say to 4 at the end whereas target dropes to 6. I don't like the feeling of loosing power at top end like the stock car does. This is what makes me change back to absolute. Lol... and the story goes on.

But there must be a way to get the absolute setting behave like additive. I want the power added from the beginning on and not just above 80% input.

Please help me.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk
+1 curious bout a expert answer in relation to jb bmw vs vw

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nate704

Go Kart Champion
The pros are asked here. Does anybody know how I can adjust throttle sensitivity in absolute setting like the BMW guys can do that in menu 11?

I have one thing that really annoys me and I don't understand why it behaves like that.

I like the absolute setting because of top end power. It holds boost exactly like I want to. But what I don't like is that the car behaves completely stock till 80% pedal input. After 80%, power is there. But it jumpes like it is stung by a bee. I want to feel torque also at 40% input, because I don't always drive binary (0/1). This is what makes me always change back to additive.

I like the additive setting because the car feels much torquier at low to mid pedal input. Boost is added always and I can drive the car much smoother and torquier. But what I don't like here is that the tapering doesn't work as I want to. The boost drops after 5000 much more as I want to and you see that the boost curve doesn't follow the target but the load. And load drops lets say to 4 at the end whereas target dropes to 6. I don't like the feeling of loosing power at top end like the stock car does. This is what makes me change back to absolute. Lol... and the story goes on.

But there must be a way to get the absolute setting behave like additive. I want the power added from the beginning on and not just above 80% input.

Please help me.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

Sounds like a typical IS20 turbo characteristics (snappy boost spike and falls at the high end).

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Maybe, but the ambient temp is 32 degrees f. Even iat of 70f shouldn’t cause that. I think slippage is more of a curve in the rpm line not really a spike. Agree on the timing advance and was hoping someone had a good explanation for that. Thought maybe it was due to the low ambient temps.

It might be due to the lack of IC causing the iat rise mid rpm range to the end.

I don't see any cylinder timing pulls, but also you are lacking the timing advance on ig1. most logs i've seen get around 10 at the end, but yours show only max at 6 ish advance.

I also do not see any rpm spike (i thought if your dsg slipped, rpm spike would be present. please correct me if my assumption is wrong).

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Hit a dip in road or other imperfection? Traction control off? plugs replacec recently?

Negative - road was smooth.

Ya traction control is fully off (coded with oBDeleven)
Still have the oem plugs

Very weird...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kolyasin

Car(s)
Audi TT

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Looks like overboost safe mode

What is your boost safety?

Boost safety is set at 28psi

Doesn’t appear to even come close to that number. Most I saw going from 3rd to 4th is 25psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kolyasin

Car(s)
Audi TT
Boost safety is set at 28psi

Doesn’t appear to even come close to that number. Most I saw going from 3rd to 4th is 25psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try to log map 4 ( to see original ecu requests )
better to log full 4th gear from 2000 rpm till red line

MadMen

Ready to race!

I wouldn't go WOT at 2k in 4th gear. That's too close to the danger lug zone. Start at 3k.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

I've done this before.

https://datazap.me/u/marc5800/unitronic-stage-2-map4-injenevointake-9?log=0&data=1-3-4-5-6-11-18-19

The weird thing is this 4th gear (map4) log shows no dip. However, I have other logs of 3rd to 4th (map4) again so only the tune, with a boost dip.
It doesn't seem directly related to the JB4 stack.

I also noticed that it does this when I change maps, from map4 to map6. Could this be an adaptation issue ?

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
17 GTI PP with Jb4. Manual transmission. Just drop in air filter. I dont care about maxxing out the power of the JB4. Can someone give me some numbers to run in Map6 for Clutch Longevity in mind. Thanks

This is my clutch map for 91 octane

1500 0
2000 1
2500 2
3000 3
3500 3
4000 4
4500 4
5000 4
5500 4
6000 4
6500 4
7000 4

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
First two logs are the +7 peak and the third is a log I ran the day before for comparison with the default map 6 settings (at least it looked that way to me)

Any suggestions on the first two logs? I am thinking that is clutch pack slippage around 4200 and again at 5500. Anyone have another explanation? definitely felt the "slip" and I don't see any timing pull, no codes popped. I am thinking I will turn down the boost from 4-5500. would really appreciate anyone's expert opinion on this.

Traction control on or off?