GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
What was the temp in the dyno room? We're you able to log during the run?

Its very easy to have a bad run when you're heat soaked. It's very easy to heat soak on a fun I run.
The first run was 275hp, 310tq. All runs, except the one where I hit the kickdown (I know..... shame....) were almost exactly the same.

Ambient was 80f, and the room was open air. I was not able to log during the run, but logs directly following the run were the same as usual.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
The first run was 275hp, 310tq. All runs, except the one where I hit the kickdown (I know..... shame....) were almost exactly the same.

Ambient was 80f, and the room was open air. I was not able to log during the run, but logs directly following the run were the same as usual.

Does seem low (didn't go back and see your settings). When I had my jb1+dp I did 290/325 in 90° heat on a dynojet.

Problem is without a baseline it's hard to say. The place you went may just read lower. There are so many variables that it's hard to compare one car versus another. I'd just use that as your baseline so when you add mods you'll know if you're making power.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Does seem low (didn't go back and see your settings). When I had my jb1+dp I did 290/325 in 90° heat on a dynojet.

Problem is without a baseline it's hard to say. The place you went may just read lower. There are so many variables that it's hard to compare one car versus another. I'd just use that as your baseline so when you add mods you'll know if you're making power.
I've added all the mods I planned on doing... dp, ic, intake mod. What else is bolt on other the the is38?

I'm considering a switch to Euorodyne or Cobb. I was really hoping for 300+...

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I've added all the mods I planned on doing... dp, ic, intake mod. What else is bolt on other the the is38?

I'm considering a switch to Euorodyne or Cobb. I was really hoping for 300+...

Nothing else will get much more power. You're basically FBO if you've got all that. You should be over 300whp I'd think. Take another log and post it up and we can see if there is anything odd which may be robbing power.

If anyone is local with a stage 2 tunes, you should run them and see how it performs in comparison.

Joel

Ready to race!
Looks good.
Thanks, George said I should add 2 psi at 3500, 4000 and 4500.
I will try and get a log with those tomorrow.
Might be hard with the eclipse coming through town.
Supposed to be and extra 1.4 million people here tomorrow.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks, George said I should add 2 psi at 3500, 4000 and 4500.
I will try and get a log with those tomorrow.
Might be hard with the eclipse coming through town.
Supposed to be and extra 1.4 million people here tomorrow.

With the sun blocked it will be cooler. The universe is telling you to log! :) Don't question the universe.

Joel

Ready to race!
Going to be a weird day, that is for sure.
I wish I wasn't supposed to be working, downtown... lol
Right next to the river and the bridge that will be packed with people.
Probably won't even be able to find a parking spot for the work diesel...

Medfagti

Triggering map 4

First time poster but have been following for a while

2016 gti non pp with cat back as only mod along with new rims and tires.

Installed jb4 yesterday and started out on map 1. Did sevelar logs just to get the feel but I was messy with the throttle position. Went out tonight switched to map 2 drove around for a while and tried to log a run. Got kicked to map 4.

Got an error code 53ab no description found along with with two other codes both 0000 unknown fault

Switched to map 1 after clearing codes and tried a log run. Got kicked to 4 again but no codes. I have the log from the map one run and will post later.

Any help would be appreciated

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
First time poster but have been following for a while

2016 gti non pp with cat back as only mod along with new rims and tires.

Installed jb4 yesterday and started out on map 1. Did sevelar logs just to get the feel but I was messy with the throttle position. Went out tonight switched to map 2 drove around for a while and tried to log a run. Got kicked to map 4.

Got an error code 53ab no description found along with with two other codes both 0000 unknown fault

Switched to map 1 after clearing codes and tried a log run. Got kicked to 4 again but no codes. I have the log from the map one run and will post later.

Any help would be appreciated

Turn boost safety up to 26.