GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Indium Gray Metallic Money Pit Mk7.5R

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Got the rears done, nothing exciting to post. Some fancy fluid showed up, just waiting on the fronts to come back.

1707340779601.png

I also got some samples from prismatic powders. Thinking about having my roll bar matched to the exterior paint. Kingsport Gray and Charcoal Gray are looking like the top contenders.

1707340793678.png

1707340802579.png

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Bunch of stuff going on right now.

I was out for a spirited drive while weather was good, big coolant leak.

1710887434518.png

Replacing both plastic unions but it looks like it's the radiator itself. Do88 is a G and is replacing it despite being out of warranty by a few months. I think technically it was installed a year and 2 weeks ago.

In the meantime, just finally installed a coil grounding kit, discovered my cyl3 coilpack connector was barely touching the pins. Later this week should be starting on installing my bucket seats with all the OEM wiring stuff, including seat heaters. Also have one of those aliexpress TPMS harnesses, and I had some tpms sensors installed while I got my new Potenza Sports mounted yesterday.

If the car would stop leaking and the weather would stop being 20F I'd be super pumped. I'm sure April will be a blast though.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I don't know if you covered it or not but how did you like open source tuning with Russell Road and Racing?

I'm definitely interested in a Simos flex fuel tune once I get switched over to MPI but I'm not super interested in figuring out how to do it myself. Mostly curious if the added features are worth it and if the quality of the tune is that much better.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
That's really clutch DO88 hooked you up with a replacement!

Which bucket seats did you get?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I don't know if you covered it or not but how did you like open source tuning with Russell Road and Racing?

I'm definitely interested in a Simos flex fuel tune once I get switched over to MPI but I'm not super interested in figuring out how to do it myself. Mostly curious if the added features are worth it and if the quality of the tune is that much better.
it's good, think of it more like freeware than open source.

kalam is busy but the experience is far better than UM or EQT. the flex-fuel solution is very complete, unlike the half-assed stuff that UM and Cobb offer. they don't (can't) scale the DI:MPI split, and so UM would just run super heavy PI (which probably killed my first set of injectors) and EQT is having problems with larger turbos since they're presumably not being dumb with super low DI windows. RAL, map-switching, being able to fully disable oem traction control, all really nice to have and I would not consider going back to Cobb. I do wish there were more established calibrators using it, but I'm happy as long as Kalam is alive and in business.

That's really clutch DO88 hooked you up with a replacement!

Which bucket seats did you get?
I think they're overnighting it from Sweden? I had to pay for shipping, but $60 for another warranty'd part is dope.
Seats are Sparco Evo XL on planted brackets.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I think they're overnighting it from Sweden? I had to pay for shipping, but $60 for another warranty'd part is dope.
Seats are Sparco Evo XL on planted brackets.
Rad! I rode in an S2k on track with Evos in it last year and they were nice.

The cushion on those are removable as 3 separate pieces right? I thought that eliminated the possibility of being able to retrofit the seat heaters?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

kalam is busy but the experience is far better than UM or EQT. the flex-fuel solution is very complete, unlike the half-assed stuff that UM and Cobb offer. they don't (can't) scale the DI:MPI split, and so UM would just run super heavy PI (which probably killed my first set of injectors) and EQT is having problems with larger turbos since they're presumably not being dumb with super low DI windows. RAL, map-switching, being able to fully disable oem traction control, all really nice to have and I would not consider going back to Cobb.
Hmm, I need to get my tune updated to enable MPI anyways… and this may have sold me on just going that route instead of bothering with any update on the AP

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI

kalam is busy but the experience is far better than UM or EQT. the flex-fuel solution is very complete, unlike the half-assed stuff that UM and Cobb offer. they don't (can't) scale the DI:MPI split, and so UM would just run super heavy PI (which probably killed my first set of injectors) and EQT is having problems with larger turbos since they're presumably not being dumb with super low DI windows. RAL, map-switching, being able to fully disable oem traction control, all really nice to have and I would not consider going back to Cobb. I do wish there were more established calibrators using it, but I'm happy as long as Kalam is alive and in business.

Awesome info. Appreciate it.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Rad! I rode in an S2k on track with Evos in it last year and they were nice.

The cushion on those are removable as 3 separate pieces right? I thought that eliminated the possibility of being able to retrofit the seat heaters?
yeah, i just put the heaters under the cushion.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
yeah, i just put the heaters under the cushion.
They'll be able to transmit enough heat through the whole cushion to still be effective? Genuinely curious as I have been looking at seats, but in order to retain heating have limited my options to seats without separate cushions

scrllock

Autocross Champion
They'll be able to transmit enough heat through the whole cushion to still be effective? Genuinely curious as I have been looking at seats, but in order to retain heating have limited my options to seats without separate cushions
maybe, not sure. mostly did it since the passenger occupancy sensor is the same part. I doubt I'll be using them much, the car is not intended for cold weather or comfort at this point.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
maybe, not sure. mostly did it since the passenger occupancy sensor is the same part. I doubt I'll be using them much, the car is not intended for cold weather or comfort at this point.
Fair enough haha I guess I'm just a wimp. Mine isn't a daily either, but I've pressed the seat heat button far too many times this winter to give it up haha.