222.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 75448f0e-eeaf-45f1-a7c5-98a2804cda99.jpeg
    75448f0e-eeaf-45f1-a7c5-98a2804cda99.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 48

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
What is y’all’s opinion on buying a “blown engine” 2015 Audi A3 Quattro 6sp DSG and putting the built engine in there vs the GTI?

Seems like a no brainer if I can get it on a good deal but curious if there’s any other input. The GTI is non LSD, and FWD..I’d probably sell it with the current engine and set up and put that money into getting the A3 set up nicely with the ‘built’ engine ~

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
What is y’all’s opinion on buying a “blown engine” 2015 Audi A3 Quattro 6sp DSG and putting the built engine in there vs the GTI?

Seems like a no brainer if I can get it on a good deal but curious if there’s any other input. The GTI is non LSD, and FWD..I’d probably sell it with the current engine and set up and put that money into getting the A3 set up nicely with the ‘built’ engine ~
Depends on what your goals are. The a3 is a secretaries car. But if you want to go fast in a straight line then absolutely.

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Depends on what your goals are. The a3 is a secretaries car. But if you want to go fast in a straight line then absolutely.

True, it’s always about the goals..

I think I’d be happy with the GTI with a good LSD and sticky tires, and the Vortex XL maxed out on E85 with a built engine

Less of a headache too tbh

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

I consider the MK7 GTI to have a nicer interior than the A3, even though the Audi may have nicer materials and seats. I don't like the A3's centre stack and its stuck on touch screen. So for me, keep the GTI.

scrllock

Autocross Champion

neither, get an R or a TT.

edit: GTI and A3 are both geared super long. not worth it if you're going to build a car and want a DSG. S3 is heavier. hence TT/R.

Last edited:

golfRdaddy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17R / 16R
Found this on the floor, its not to a injector. Anyone knows where it came from? checked the turbo, oil cooler and ac lines. Nothing seems to be missing

Attachments

• 20240323_110326.jpg
    20240323_110326.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 59

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Found this on the floor, its not to a injector. Anyone knows where it came from? checked the turbo, oil cooler and ac lines. Nothing seems to be missing
Can’t think of anything that it may have come from..short of it being a seal/gasket for something that runs oil/coolant I wouldn’t really worry about it imo

golfRdaddy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17R / 16R
Can’t think of anything that it may have come from..short of it being a seal/gasket for something that runs oil/coolant I wouldn’t really worry about it imo
That was a bad pic its more purple. Waiting for all my gaskets from USP,, 💤

Attachments

• 20240323_122406.jpg
    20240323_122406.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
That was a bad pic its more purple. Waiting for all my gaskets from USP,, 💤

What all have you assembled on your engine?

It looks familiar..but can’t think of what it may be off the top of my head 😖

Coolant temperature sensor has a o ring seal that I missed once. I can’t remember if it was purple though.

golfRdaddy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17R / 16R
What all have you assembled on your engine?

It looks familiar..but can’t think of what it may be off the top of my head 😖

Coolant temperature sensor has a o ring seal that I missed once. I can’t remember if it was purple though.
So far just the dsg, starter, and installed a new water pump.

Cleaned all the parts up and waiting on gaskets and seals.

Same size as this ac line seal. But its intact

It could be to a sensor, i found the seal on the floor around the time a removed the turbo and dsg cooler.. hmmm

Attachments

• 20240323_141330.jpg
    20240323_141330.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240323_142716.jpg
    20240323_142716.jpg
    867.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
So far just the dsg, starter, and installed a new water pump.

Cleaned all the parts up and waiting on gaskets and seals.

Same size as this ac line seal. But its intact

It could be to a sensor, i found the seal on the floor around the time a removed the turbo and dsg cooler.. hmmm

It’s hard to say man, but hopefully it’s figured out as you go through the assembly process.

Maybe going through those assembly PDFs might help ~