GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Alrighty so my engine blew not long ago after going hybrid turbo e85 on a >150k mile stock GTI engine. I’ve scoured the internet and looked at all my options, consulted with multiple engine builders, bought a 96 Honda with a B series engine, and now bought a Chinese assembled EA 888 Gen 3 engine (CNTA; which was my engine code) on AliExpress.

Now I know this is a sketchy idea but hear me out. After being in communication with them I’m optimistic that the engine will last longer than it’s 1 year unlimited mile warranty. Reason I went this route is A. Price (2.5k shipped) B. It is a new fully assembled long block with what they call ex-factory VW/Audi parts assembled to factory spec C. I can then build this engine with the forged internals I’ve bought over time. D. Research..and sharing my woes if it all falls through lol.

They seem to be a supplier of mostly EA888 Gen 1/2/3 as according to their stock they have a crap ton of these engines compared to their other offerings.

I’ll update this post with updates as they come .. expected delivery is October but I may request expedited shipping because I’ve been without the GTI since March

Not sure if I can post links of this stuff so I’ll defer that for now unless I hear otherwise.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
You can definitely post links. I’ll be following 😂

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
It has just been shipped 👀 I had just placed the order yesterday.

We will see if it’s actually delivered, and if delivered during the specified time frame.

So far so good. They’ve been communicating well and even offered to engrave the new cylinder head with my old cylinder head part number.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpeg
    IMG_1356.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 243

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Tag. Had no idea you could buy an ea888 off AliExpress. Looks like there are a handful of different sellers too

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Tag. Had no idea you could buy an ea888 off AliExpress. Looks like there are a handful of different sellers too

They're just that, sellers. Well, re-sellers. They all come from the same factory. You really wanna go crazy, you can even buy a 2JZ off AliExpress.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $11,294.44 | JDM Supra 2JZ GTE Twin Turbo Engine with 5 and 6 Transmission Speeds V160 V161
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMNf6Wa

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
And man. This guy is gonna take the Zhong Zhong King crown from me...

I need to step up my game.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yeah, but can I buy a whole Golf R for $10k?

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
And man. This guy is gonna take the Zhong Zhong King crown from me...

I need to step up my game.
Was gonna tag you, but figured you’d see it anyways lol

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Here’s the link:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $2,508.06 55% Off | EA888 GEN3 Upgrade CNT Gasoline Engine Parts 2.0T Motor Car Assembly For Audi A3 S3 Golf Auto Accesorios двигатель бензиновый
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLshyoO

Funny how they increase the price after someone purchases a unit. It was a cool $400 cheaper just 2 days ago.

They also have CJX engines for you golf R people..but it’s almost twice the price. Not worth it if you know what the differences in internal parts are when compared to the regular GTI engines.

I’ll send pictures and video if/when the engine gets here..still debating whether I should run the engine as is for a few thousand miles or just tear it apart and install the forged stuff. Either way I definitely plan to abuse/push the engine..whether it stays stock or is forged

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1692904224940.png

Hopefully you claimed your $6.90 off...